World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i live in hullbridge, near the river crouch, and wondered if anyone knew what the fishing was like there? i tried the pier at southend today, the plan to get some mackeral and use that as bait. as is typical, there was no parking and the place was heaving with youths, so gave it a miss. i am considering trying at night, either at hullbridge or on the seafront. are the fresh mackeral ( not the frozen type) sold in supermarkets any good? and is it possible to catch mackies at night? cheers for all your help! x

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi mate

I paddled my Kayak from South Fambridge to Battles Bridge yesterday and the crouch was heaving with Bass and Mullet.

Hullbridge is a cracking Mullet venue, bread, garden worm or maggot are top baits. You will catch Bass there too.

Personaly i would not put fresh Macky in the Crouch this time of the year as the Crabs will have a field day.

Rag, Crab or live bait for the Bass.

My advice would be too venture up to S Fambridge, some great Bass coming out there.

H

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
I was thinking of fishing either bamburgers tonight or travel up to Tilbury for a shot at the sole. In the end Tilbury won so I have 80 lug and a packet of squid (in case of Mr Bass).
I wasn't sure if their was a boat at Bamburgers or what bait to use as most of the Southend shops are struggling with crab

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Hi mate

I paddled my Kayak from South Fambridge to Battles Bridge yesterday and the crouch was heaving with Bass and Mullet.

Hullbridge is a cracking Mullet venue, bread, garden worm or maggot are top baits. You will catch Bass there too.

Personaly i would not put fresh Macky in the Crouch this time of the year as the Crabs will have a field day.

Rag, Crab or live bait for the Bass.

My advice would be too venture up to S Fambridge, some great Bass coming out there.

H

What he said!!!! Looking forward to that trip H. On hols now!!!!! :1a:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot for the advice! i'll head up to south fambridge and will see if i can get hold of some live sandeels and rag. x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts