World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i have more than enough info on the Pollack fishing from my previous threads,thankyou.
So i think this is my last question about Pollack fishing . and hopefully i can put all the info together and catch some . :).

As i was reading last night , i seen an article, it mentioned at night can result in some bigger Pollack . :clap2:

its worth a try, as i enjoy night fishing better anyway, but it didnt mention methods for catching them at night,
i understand they feed mainly using sight, is this still the case at night ?

Can you catch Pollack at night spinning using jelly worms ?
or are they catching the Pollack at night using bait only on the night floats etc. ?.

cheers again.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
All the big pollack caught at night time down this way without exception fall to big Mackerel baits fished hard on the bottom.

So a normal rig up for conger/huss will also fish for big pollack. Same type of area, scrubby/rocky ground. You may want to pop the bait up a couple of feet or so...see the pop up thread for additions to your rigs.

·
Registered
568 Posts
My biggest pollack came at night while fishing for congers. Quite ironic given the number of hours I have spent specifically targeting pollack.

Half a mackerel driftlined very close in from a deep water rock mark was the lucky method. I am tempted to fish a mackerel flapper or fillet under a big float at night for pollack now - who knows, I might then catch a PB conger :)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
ye olde days rig was a three hook flapper baited with mackie
but a baited feather trace worked well also
like others have said though my best fish were taken on clipped down rigs with an atractor like a jelly tail fixed to the top end of this rig , it was always the baited hook that caught though . i think this was down to the lack of movement in the lure but i was taught this rig by those who knew better and it worked
the mix of scent trail and visual atraction ????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts