World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I sometimes go to Brighton to fish the arms at night. On many occasions, i have seen people use these lights that look like spot lights/flood lights. They angle it onto the water and ive seen a few who have amazing results with it. Do any of you guys have any experience using them? They are v bright and really light up the water so u can see fish in there.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Hi guys,

I sometimes go to Brighton to fish the arms at night. On many occasions, i have seen people use these lights that look like spot lights/flood lights. They angle it onto the water and ive seen a few who have amazing results with it. Do any of you guys have any experience using them? They are v bright and really light up the water so u can see fish in there.
Maybe after the squid their, when their in maybe?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i have seen people fish for squid with them. However im struggling to find which light they use. So far i've only found the underwater ones, however the ones ive seen people use are the ones that arent submersible. They are on the arm/pier and point to the water.. almost like a spotlight.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Have you had a look at a high lumen LED flood or maybe tried a bright LED flood I'm sure a decent one of them who'd do same job .

I'm an electrician an we took my one ( 30 watt LED ) few weeks back up Aberdeen and we could see right over a hole farmers field and down huge cliffs with that . Think you get around 6 hours out one charge.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Hi guys,

I have an older model of the one below, I use it for walking my dogs and it is brilliant, the lamp itself is quite large, the distance it covers is amazing, mine doesnt have different power modes, so it must be an older model

https://clulite.cluson.co.uk/bargain-basement/693-hl19-pro-spot-900-rechargeable-headlight.html

·
Registered
19,151 Posts
The one I am on about has a heavy power pack.. that carries like a satchel.. that is old school.. modern style is with a light lithium battery that goes round like a belt.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Many use a MR16 12volt spotlight outta bathroom ceilings!
now days can get led ones.
but any light source with right battery works one of the best is 10watt led light like have outside house weather sealed on most some already set up for 12volt others mains but hack the box and run on whatever battery power leds set up for you can make a power pack out from a power bank even.
We used light for Herring fishing on southend pier but also works for squid and other things as fish to side will pick up predators as the bait fish like being in the light as feel safe.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yer the post above reminds me of the owld saying red to red green to green blue to -uck
Pmsl. I don't think that occurred in this case.

Don't get me wrong it was like a lighthouse beacon for half the night but the worms dug and razors picked were well cooked on way hame .ha ha ha .

Still gives me the giggles to this very day all be it very dangerous lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts