World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hectic night Fishing the woodyard at Cooden for 3hrs up to 2hrs down last night.
Within mins of sending a bait out my rod tip was knocking away,Hadn't even fitted the reel to my second rod.
Reeled into find a nice little school bass perfectly hooked.
With him returned i baited back up and sent it back out only to have the same thing happen again within seconds of placing the rod in the rest.
Reeling Resulted in another bass but a bit bigger this time maybe a fraction under 1lb
Anyway all i can say was it was a hectic night to the point where i ended up packing the second rod away.
Bites were coming thick and fast some turning out to be some of the biggest pout iv'e ever caught from the beach.
As i was setting down to have a cup of tea.Tap Tap from something with a bit more grunt,Another bass i thought.So i left it tap tap tap its hooked i thought.I picked up and reeled in.I was getting a few small tugs,But It felt different as it approached the shore i caught a glimpse of white,It was an eel,And not a small snotty either.I hadn't caught a silver eel from
the shore in years and when i had it was normally the bootlaces.Quite pleased forgetting the slime i slipped it back.
The night when on and so did the bites.
I managed to get a few quick snap shots off.
Total for the night.11 Dogfish,2 Bass,8 Pout,1 Eel,1 Whiting
Water Fish Salmon-like fish Marine biology Fluid
Reptile Scaled reptile Organism Terrestrial animal Serpent
Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal Snake Reptile Wood
Fish Marine biology Fin Tail Metal
Fin Fish Underwater Marine biology Tail

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Great catch there makes it all worth while over last few months of catch naff all must have been those new weights you have all come to have a look! lol

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Good work!! Nice session there with a good mixed bag

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hectic night Fishing the woodyard at Cooden for 3hrs up to 2hrs down last night.
Within mins of sending a bait out my rod tip was knocking away,Hadn't even fitted the reel to my second rod.
Reeled into find a nice little school bass perfectly hooked.
With him returned i baited back up and sent it back out only to have the same thing happen again within seconds of placing the rod in the rest.
Reeling Resulted in another bass but a bit bigger this time maybe a fraction under 1lb
Anyway all i can say was it was a hectic night to the point where i ended up packing the second rod away.
Bites were coming thick and fast some turning out to be some of the biggest pout iv'e ever caught from the beach.
As i was setting down to have a cup of tea.Tap Tap from something with a bit more grunt,Another bass i thought.So i left it tap tap tap its hooked i thought.I picked up and reeled in.I was getting a few small tugs,But It felt different as it approached the shore i caught a glimpse of white,It was an eel,And not a small snotty either.I hadn't caught a silver eel from
the shore in years and when i had it was normally the bootlaces.Quite pleased forgetting the slime i slipped it back.
The night when on and so did the bites.
I managed to get a few quick snap shots off.
Total for the night.11 Dogfish,2 Bass,8 Pout,1 Eel,1 Whiting
View attachment 428530 View attachment 428538 View attachment 428546 View attachment 428554 View attachment 428562
Well done mate, nice pics aswell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.