World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flat calm, neap tides and crystal clear water I am still going though!
Arrived at my mark at 1 am after the obligatory hour plus drive make my way to the area I am aiming to fish for the first part of my session. Taking my time as all the studs have decided to escape from my thigh waders boots so a bit slippery in places have to watch as some of the spots I am fishing from have gullies 6ft deep and the gaps are very narrow that I am standing on in places easy to suddenly put a foot wrong!
I spent a bit of time looking in some of the gullies and as well as the numerous prawns , crabs and shrimps i spied some Bass feeding this was about 2am and I tried to get a pic by the light of my torch you can just about see a Bass I hope in this pic as It moves across a gulley.
Anyway I was soon putting out a Do live in white across a particular gulley that I know always gets visited by any Bass and as it was such a rubbish tide and so calm considered it my best bet the fact that I had seen Bass so far up one gulley feeding in very shallow water meant I was actually confident as well.
about the 5th cast the rod was wrenched round in my grasp and a strong Bass powers away in the shallow water
it had hit that so hard! Great scrap as always in the confines of the gulley and what looks like a nice Bass is slid to hand and measures 52 cm before being slipped back . Great start love catching Bass like this in the dead of the night .
Quite a bit of cloud cover rolls in by 4am as well but other wise everything remains the same .
In the next 1hr I repeat the process 3 more times with Bass of 54 cm 57cm and another at 52cm.
Great but I am about to get cut off so I have to leave and move over to another mark for the dawn period .
All the Bass absolutely nailed the white Do lives but interestingly it was one of those nights where they wanted it moving fast couldnt get a touch if it was moving slow or medium speed.
Anyway I scrambled over to beach for the last hour of my session and got hammered by Garfish !!!! But did manage another small Bass off the surface .
Cheers Rich
IMG_2066.jpg
IMG_2068.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg
IMG_2072.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Great report and pics Rich. Nothing can beat those seshs in the ‘wee hours’......surrounded by reefs and hearing that lure ‘splash-down’ into the Bass-patrolled gullies.

·
Registered
8,502 Posts
Well done Richard good fish, good report, and good pictures, a hattrick, you seem to know your ground very well

Reactions: Richard Lane

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the light didnt spoke the bass then? good fishing.
Hi mate, no it didnt they just carried on fishing infact they looked like they were using the light to hunt in, it is only a soft white from a petzl headtorch and slowly moved across from the rocks to the water so they didnt just have a sudden dash of light!
I have done it loads previously and they never seem bothered by it .
Always nice to watch em!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts