World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on the Niki-Lou yesterday with a few of the lads with a pile of peelers, squid, sandeel and Maccy.
What a fantastic day! The weather was great and the sea was not to rough (unlike the last trip which saw me shouting to Neptune over the side of the boat).

Managed my best fish ever and nearly won the pool (£50.00) but was beaten to it at the last minute.

Catches of the day included about a million dogs. 3 nice sized Huss (my biggest Huss was 8.12lbs), a number of smoothies (my starry came just under 8lbs), dozens of congers (see the attached pic for Julien Lewis Jones - the nasty one from BBS's 'Belonging'... haha what a whopper!!) a stray Bass and a few Rays. I say stray Bass because when it came in we discovered that it had a pennel rig with a swivel clip attached to it's jaw. The fish had obviously been hooked a few days before becuase the hooks were rusting. It had not gone for any bait, but the swivel clip had attached it'self to the line!!! Poor fish wasn't even hungry and it still got caught...

Yet another great day out. Apart from Kieth the first mate. I don't know what he had been eating but he managed to clear the wheelhouse on two occasions...:yucky:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Went out on the Niki-Lou yesterday with a few of the lads with a pile of peelers, squid, sandeel and Maccy.
What a fantastic day! The weather was great and the sea was not to rough (unlike the last trip which saw me shouting to Neptune over the side of the boat).

Managed my best fish ever and nearly won the pool (£50.00) but was beaten to it at the last minute.

Catches of the day included about a million dogs. 3 nice sized Huss (my biggest Huss was 8.12lbs), a number of smoothies (my starry came just under 8lbs), dozens of congers (see the attached pic for Julien Lewis Jones - the nasty one from BBS's 'Belonging'... haha what a whopper!!) a stray Bass and a few Rays. I say stray Bass because when it came in we discovered that it had a pennel rig with a swivel clip attached to it's jaw. The fish had obviously been hooked a few days before becuase the hooks were rusting. It had not gone for any bait, but the swivel clip had attached it'self to the line!!! Poor fish wasn't even hungry and it still got caught...

Yet another great day out. Apart from Kieth the first mate. I don't know what he had been eating but he managed to clear the wheelhouse on two occasions...:yucky:
sounded like a good day m8 well done im out on the anchorman3 23.5.07 cant wait ill post report about the trip with pics.TIGHT LINES

1 - 12 of 12 Posts