World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I escaped the clutches of the domestic & revenue manageress on Saturday evening and ventured an hour up the road to Cairndow. Low water was 5pm, first rod in for 7.15. The makums were just leaving for etive as I arrived. The mark was spotlessly clean with not an item of litter :) .

First cast with mackeral saw it taken by a 19cm dab. This was amazing because it was a 3/0 or a 4/0 hook. I went to get out the second rod to discover that the tip eye had become detached, so this was substituted with the wee flattie rod and fixed spool.

The doggies started thick and fast including three double shots. It was pretty much a fish (or two) a cast all the way up to high water at 11pm. Things then just died away. I still had quite a few rattles and a couple of very good bites but no takes:yucky: . The last fish came just before 3am as I was packing up to go. Squid and mackeral were the most productive :clap2: .

It was a lovely day on saturday, but as darkness fell it was blowing a hoolie right down the glen and down loch fyne for the full rise of the tide. It seems hard to believe but I had to weigh the tripod down with boulders to stop it blowing over. Bites were kinda hard to spot with the lines bowing out - even the braid.

Scrabster next week with the Jolly Boys Outing :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy .

Attachments

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
nice report gordon dogs are better than nothing:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
good report gordon , i went back to loch fyne today with leadhead and also met gino there, one word ( BLANKED) weather was great though .

just shows you that it never fishes the same , i had the same weather conditions and fished the same states of the tide as lask week , but nothing .

and burnt the head again !

well done

al

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
good report there tb , a dog fest is better than nowt , :clap3: :clap3:

al you need to get a hat lad , same prob as me when the oll nogin gets toasted its not much fun !!:giveup: :giveup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts