World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
went and fished Kingston last night with the club for four hours. Unfortunatly due to the fact the sea was like a mirror the Bass I have spoken of were elsewhere :mad: . Gutted is not the word, for three days this week the sea has been churning nicely and then last night perfect calm worst luck. Managed a few Dab and Flounder between us but nothing impressive. That was apart from the Thunder Strom that seemed to miss us completly but gave us a show for free. Two hours it lasted. Sea Trout were about but not taking bait nor spinners. Nice night out but not the results we were expecting.The Skink :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Read your posting about fishing at Kingston, wondered if you could give me some tips. Is this the beach near Garmouth. What are the best baits and tide times? Never caught a bass before and would like to give it a go this summer, also anybody know of other bass marks in the north east :)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hi Cal

Boddam power station is supposed to hold bass due to the warm water outflow. Not tried it myself, but keep meaning too.

Heard of a guy losing something like 8 rapalas there in one afternoon, so I suggest shallow diving or floating lures be used.

See for info in link below.

http://www.silver-city-angling.com/pages/localinfo/places/phpowerst.htm

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry mate I have been off to distant lands. The tide doesn't really matter at Kingston as the steep banks of shingle make the fishing pretty easy. You just have to go through garmouth to get to kingston, just drive right through following the road until you get to a make shift car park. just over the banks you are into the action. First bunker (you will know what I mean when you see it) on your left is your best bet. You don't need to cast to far just over the surf really. Lug and crab are the star baits and have also heard of two 6lb BASS being takin this weekend just past. Evenings are best really and don't fish too close to the mouth of the spey as you will get moaned at by the people who are paying hundreds to try and catch salmon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cheers for the info, I went to Dunnet Head at the weekend to try for bass, not a thing, others fishing were not finding them either. Tried at Bettyhill for sea trout and caught some of the smallest flounders I have ever seen, and a couple of good sized eels which went straight into the hot smoker. Will try Kingston, it sounds good and is a lot closer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi cullen

what sort of rigs work for bass here? ive fished it the last 2 years but have been unlucky so far...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Tangler,
I normally use a pulley rig or a pennel rig when trying for the Bass at kigston but i first of all use the 3 hook flapper (using Lug) to see what is about. If you get the small bass on this you can then swap it for a larger bait(crab or whole squid) on a pennell rig. It can be hit or miss but when you do get one it makes all the waiting worth it. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts