World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya Chaps:)

Headed off again Saturday past to pick the Jonny fella up for another weekends spinning.:happy:

Belfast was grey an overcast which suited me fine, bit of cloud cover does the job for fishing. Driving North but looking out East I could see the brighness in the coastal sky.
Soon got Jonny an away we shot up to the mark, both of us eager as ever.

In no time we where set up an fishing away, now thon cloud cover as the Met Office had forecast dissolved into a complete scorcher of a afternoon an by eck it was warm.
Fishing/ catching started on my second cast an from 3pm to 10 pm never really stopped for us both:BigGrin:

Now my biggest fish was only 2lbs Jonny got a decent fish of 3odd pounds :happy: But just after high tide Jonny hooked a fish he believes was around 8lbs, it powered off an took line off the drag, then holded him up in the reef. Jonny tried to free the fish with all the usual shenanigans but ended up pulling for a break, Jonny's not one for telling spoofs so I have no reason but to believe him as he is honest as the day is long.

But all in we had a cracker afternoon/ evening with my tally at over 30 fish albeit mostly wee smicks an Jonny catching into 20 odd fish.

Driving back to Jonny's we are both happy as two pigs in the proverbial:geek: an are talking an Slabbering away, we are on a country road when all of a sudden I see an animals head appear out of the hedgerow an its a fekin great big grey or white bull:eeks: I swerve the motor right an she was a close run thing, but I managed to avoid the creature by a foot or maybe inches hahaha.

As usual I narrowly avoided what would of been a truley awful accident, even though I talk an rake while driving, the driving is always first an for most in my old knoggin :whistling:

So there ye"s have it, a right cracker of a day that could have ended up a lot different! Still gotta keep yer mind on the job in hand, an I'm not one for being a dic an using phones whilst driving nor looking at passengers while talking, lads/Ladies:inlove: Always remember a cars a lethal weapon in the hands of a socially media obsessed aresh0le.

Still canny complain, over 50 fish between me an Jonny an back home to tell another tale, the mist on the way back to Belfast was awkward but nowt compared to the sudden an unexpected Bull from the hedgerow:ugh2:

Keep er lit dudes/ dudettes an between the hedges.

Mark...

Reactions: weedave

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Hiya Mark,
Good to see you & Jonny are still managing to stay sane/insane :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
As always a great read mate & 2 score & 10 fish between ya ain't a half bad sesh. Sometimes quantity over quality (shame Jonny lost that good un) is just what's needed- no time for the auld noggin to start worrying about everyday things, especially at the mo.
That Bull must have sh1t you up a bit- thought it was only me that encountered critters on the way back from fishing :D:D.
Should have been on the ferry this Friday night & bound for 2 weeks in Kerry but Covid's put paid to that so we've rescheduled that one for May/June next year.
We've also got 2 weeks booked at a cottage in Clonmany, Donegal in September so hopefully that'll still be on.
Stay safe & tight lines mate.
Rick;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
What about ya lad? Nice to see you getting out, how's that shoulder injury? Imagine you scaring a poor bull, lol good to know you got home safe

Reactions: fedstar

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hiya Mark,
Good to see you & Jonny are still managing to stay sane/insane :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
As always a great read mate & 2 score & 10 fish between ya ain't a half bad sesh. Sometimes quantity over quality (shame Jonny lost that good un) is just what's needed- no time for the auld noggin to start worrying about everyday things, especially at the mo.
That Bull must have sh1t you up a bit- thought it was only me that encountered critters on the way back from fishing :D:D.
Should have been on the ferry this Friday night & bound for 2 weeks in Kerry but Covid's put paid to that so we've rescheduled that one for May/June next year.
We've also got 2 weeks booked at a cottage in Clonmany, Donegal in September so hopefully that'll still be on.
Stay safe & tight lines mate.
Rick;)

Bout ye our Rick,:thumbsup:

As i said mostly small fish, in fact mostly wee skitters but it keeps ye interested if nothing else;) Jonny had that take just on the first big fall of the tide, shortly after a large seal popped his head up and Jonny said did i think the seal had took the fish Jonny had hooked ?

I asked Jonny what weight he thought the fish was ? now if he had of said 20/30lbs then i would have said yes a seal, but after a ponder Jonny said he reckoned it was around 8lbs, so i believe that it was a fish.

I hope for the sake of your mental well being you get to come over in September Rick, as you and the good lady seem to enjoy it and never have a bad word to say about your old homeland:cool2::cool2:

Reactions: Huss Hustler

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What about ya lad? Nice to see you getting out, how's that shoulder injury? Imagine you scaring a poor bull, lol good to know you got home safe
Bout ye Martin;)

I have not cast pendulum in over a year an am afeared to as i think it could knock me right back, as long as do the exercises and cast with the right arm tucked in tight i dont have that much bother, as ye said yourself there are ways to combat a sore shoulder and still be able to cast.

Just while i am here;) i have those two Greys PZ300T rods and cant see myself ever getting use outta them again, do you know anyone who would like to purchase a trip down memory lane ? twice:D

Mark...

Reactions: mgc

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank goodness you didn't hit it as you would most likely not have typed up the tale.
Hiya Thrasher ;)

My thoughts exactly, i might of survived but wee Jonny would of been done-for, lucky as well that there where no oncoming cars either:eek:

Ye just never know whats around the corner, or a straight piece of road...

Mark...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Pollock and Coalys, or Lithe and Saith or Blocian and Glashin Lou lol

Mark...
Not bad then they keep ya busy. have u had a go up at benone or downhill lately been fishing very well last week or two I’m heading out someday this week fingers crossed

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Naw Lou,
have not fished with bait in a few months an usually stay away from Benone what with all the beach goers, even at night ye can be tortured this time of year, people wanting to talk and the constant stream of cars and there full beam.

Downhill is not as bad as Benone with Touriods but can still get pretty hectic:mad:
Saying that I got my biggest Bass just after the 12th, in July like:happy:
I've had the best Bass fishing
for numbers around Autumn.

But if the strands are fishing nows the time to get up an give it a blast
If ye do head up for Bass keep the rigs simple, cast short an make sure ye have worms for bait.
Also had some good fishing from the bar- mouth at Castlerock using plugs but thon arm can be a right dangerous place with some big waves coming in .

Mark...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Naw Lou,
have not fished with bait in a few months an usually stay away from Benone what with all the beach goers, even at night ye can be tortured this time of year, people wanting to talk and the constant stream of cars and there full beam.

Downhill is not as bad as Benone with Touriods but can still get pretty hectic:mad:
Saying that I got my biggest Bass just after the 12th, in July like:happy:
I've had the best Bass fishing
for numbers around Autumn.

But if the strands are fishing nows the time to get up an give it a blast
If ye do head up for Bass keep the rigs simple, cast short an make sure ye have worms for bait.
Also had some good fishing from the bar- mouth at Castlerock using plugs but thon arm can be a right dangerous place with some big waves coming in .

Mark...
Big hounds about now

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Its been a while seen the last Fedstar report, didnt disappoint as usual :BigGrin: Must get a report up soon to, but need to catch fish haha

Nice one Mark :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its been a while seen the last Fedstar report, didnt disappoint as usual :BigGrin: Must get a report up soon to, but need to catch fish haha

Nice one Mark :thumbsup:
Still fishing away Dane, that will never change:)
but i find i get an 8 year itch with most other things:D

Going to have te get back to posting as long as ye"al dont get bored with me:ninja:

Big well done on the new addition ;)
your some pup hey!:cool2:

Mark...:thumbsup:

Reactions: NIrishDane

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Still fishing away Dane, that will never change:)
but i find i get an 8 year itch with most other things:D

Going to have te get back to posting as long as ye"al dont get bored with me:ninja:

Big well done on the new addition ;)
your some pup hey!:cool2:

Mark...:thumbsup:
Thanks again Mark :BigGrin::thumbsup: hopefully should get a report up myself before the wee man gets out of hospital :sneaky: cant put a good man down, couple of wee seshs before she puts the foot down :whistling:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts