World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with F1F3R for an early spring trip. Wasnt too confident but thought that we might hit at least 1 fish each.

Wasnt to be im afraid. I had 3 bites but no takes. Fishing with lug, rag, squid and mackerel. Water was slightly coloured, strongish wind from the west and a medium swell. Not the best conditions for summer fishing. I'll tuck the rods away until May i think.

Not the warmest of days with the wind, but the sun was out now and again, didnt really feel like it but the sore head and red face and eyes confirmed it was.

· Banned
820 Posts
Met up with F1F3R for an early spring trip. Wasnt too confident but thought that we might hit at least 1 fish each.

Wasnt to be im afraid. I had 3 bites but no takes. Fishing with lug, rag, squid and mackerel. Water was slightly coloured, strongish wind from the west and a medium swell. Not the best conditions for summer fishing. I'll tuck the rods away until May i think.

Not the warmest of days with the wind, but the sun was out now and again, didnt really feel like it but the sore head and red face and eyes confirmed it was.
No Cod, Pollack or Coalfish at Dunbar either further south. 3 boat trips =ZERO.

· Registered
3,553 Posts
aye not even a single bite for me, :g: . water probably just a bit too coloured for the lures or im sure we would have got summit . :)

all i got was snags and a sunburnt face which is bricht red lol .:blink:

so no fish but trip was worth it too get a glimpse off some Dolphins or Porpoise's :clap2:
only the 2nd time ive ever seen em..

· Registered
968 Posts

:) Still a bit early for the summer fish, but at least you got out for the day. Me and Bigpirk are heading out for a trip tomorrow. Will let you know how we get on. 7 days of pure fishing. Wind might be a pain though.:schmoll:

· Registered
671 Posts
Hope to join you for some good summer action martyboy I am at home for another week so will get let off the leed at the weekend again will give you a phone, it does seem a litle early for some species yet.

· Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've almost given up on April. Wasnt confident too begin with and the blank last weekend hasnt helped. Maybe i should concentrate on fishing my bathroom and kitchen that i started 2 years ago.

Roll on May.

· Registered
196 Posts
Thank god I can confirm there are fish out there!!

Went out on Sunday to Findon and got two small codling on ragworm. Had another go today with squid and tiger prawn not a bite just as well I took the spinning rod as well and caught a nice 2lb pollack on a dexter wedge.

· Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah some good news. Maybe i wont give up on April just yet.

Was out at Findon last weekend. Big rollers coming in and water was dirty. Have my eye on a nice platform. Probably wont manage this weekend.......but then again......

· Registered
495 Posts
Martin - give it a by for a month or so. Take up golf the courses and weather is near perfect just now - and its safer LOL. Tried my hand at the - dark side - last week. Three rainbows all 3 to four pounds - didnt like it honest - they hardly pull at all - didnt know I had them on. Ive been promised a stash of fresh peeler next month so I will give you a ring and we will try that wee spot on a slightly calmer day.

· Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Martin - give it a by for a month or so. Take up golf the courses and weather is near perfect just now - and its safer LOL. Tried my hand at the - dark side - last week. Three rainbows all 3 to four pounds - didnt like it honest - they hardly pull at all - didnt know I had them on. Ive been promised a stash of fresh peeler next month so I will give you a ring and we will try that wee spot on a slightly calmer day.
Good man, but maybe i'll show you another magic venue. Mind your hiking boots and a pair of waders would go a miss.

· Registered
495 Posts
Have both of the above although last time I put the waders on I couldnt get back out them. Its a date though and I will bring cousin George

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.