World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All, just had to share the funniest moment of my recent French holiday!!!

And before anyone starts moaning about the content . . . i can confirm that no Frenchmen were harmed in the process of this true story!!

So, if you are sitting comfortably. . .then we shall begin . . . .

I was doing a little plugging (& blanking) on a rocky portion of a beach just East of St Malo last Monday with my lad and the misses. A couple of other small groups of anglers then turned up. Firstly a group of 3 (Father & 2 sons) who set-up on a small headland to my right, and plopped in 3 bait rods, and 2 lure rods - they seemed to know what they were doing. Then another group of less proficient anglers turned up and set-up to my left (we'll call these ones 'le muppets'). Well 'le muppets' spent the next hour or so getting constatly snagged, then going over to my right and getting their mackie feathers tangled in the other groups lines :thumbdown:nono:.

After some French arm-waving and gesturing :boxing: they came back from the group on the right, and set-up on a tump of rock back on my left. By this point the tide was racing in at a pace!!

I was constantly backing-up to make sure i wasnt cut off by one of the many gullies. However, the 3 'le muppets' on the rocky-knoll stayed put. After a while, they were completely surrounded by water . . . and still they fished :fishing1:!!

They then realised that they were cut-off . . . and oh they did laugh :laugh:, but rather than wade knee-high as they could have at that point, they stayed put and continued to fish :fishing1: !!

I started taking progressive camera shots of the events which were unfolding . . .

The tide continued to flood at a pace, and the rocky-knoll got smaller, and smaller, and smaller . . . and still they fished :fishing1:.

Then, as they stood on a rocky-knoll, which by now was the size of a dustbin lid, they eventually decided to stop fishing, and one of them took off his red T-Shirt, and started waving it on the top if his fishing rod (i thought they were more proficient with white flags :cc_surren:whistling)!!

At this point, two yellow-T-Shirted lifeguards appeared on the beach, and swam out to 'le muppets'. 'Le muppets' then tried to hand some of their fishing equipment to the lifeguards, who very clearly told them where to shove it!!

So, 6 rods and reels were dumped into the ocean, to join the various other tackle boxes and other items that were now floating away!! Litter Bugs!!

On the positive side, the cool-boxes they had with them seemed to make excellent bouyancy aids for the assisted swim back to shore to the awaiting paramedics!!!

Priceless!!

I also have vids, but dont think i can post vids!! Edit: Vid now posted on Page 2 of this thread!!

Enjoy . . . . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the next section of pics......

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here they are getting to safety !!!

Attachments

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Sacre bleu! Quel bouquet d'idiots!
beaucoup des lols :lmao:

G

·
Definitely 'Le Muppets':laugh:. Lucky for them there were lifeguards about to rescue them:cc_surren.
You can post video if you have a Photobucket account. Just upload in the normal way, or upload to Youtube and post a link.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Definitely 'Le Muppets':laugh:. Lucky for them there were lifeguards about to rescue them:cc_surren.
You can post video if you have a Photobucket account. Just upload in the normal way, or upload to Youtube and post a link.[/QUOTE]

Any volunteers to sort this on my behalf if i email them the vids?

G

·
You can post video if you have a Photobucket account. Just upload in the normal way, or upload to Youtube and post a link.[/QUOTE]

Any volunteers to sort this on my behalf if i email them the vids?
Send it to me and I will do it for you. Pm sent with email address

·
Registered
728 Posts
Absolutely priceless ... ! But it does show just how easy it is to put yourself in danger,not to mention the poor sods who have to rescue you. Unfortunately the French do not have a monopoly on muppets.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just when you think you can not be surprised by stupidity, its taken to a new level. Did they think the tide would stop for them! :laugh:
It was unbelievable!!! Best i can think is that they were unfamiliar with the territory, and just thought that they'd get cut-off for a while rather than have to go for a dunk!!

The misses did get quite annoyed with me when i started stripping down to go and get them!!! Would they have done the same for me . . . . hmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great!!! Thanks for sorting that Cascars!!!!

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
.....pity that, lol
Just joking....mon amour d'ail, le fait d'additionner à l'oignon, le béret portant des amis

G

·
They were probably from the Med. end of France. Southerners go to the northern coast for holidays, & vice-versa.

The numbers of times I've been asked in Port Vendres or Collioure : " La marée haute arrive quand?"

Equally, the regular complaints of families with Marseilles accents that are forced to retreat up the atlantic beaches! They've no experience of real tides.

·
Registered
506 Posts
that is quality!

Id have tried the swim with my kit though, wasnt far!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts