World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To cut a long story short, I've sort of found myself having to keep up to 11 kids aged 6-16 amused during the holidays. Luckily they all enjoy fishing but they all want to catch something they can eat so the Schoolies we're catching on Cefn are no good. It would be nice to pick up some Mackeral so could anyone suggest somewhere I can take a bunch of kids that's safe and well have a chance of catching something - please ;)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
To cut a long story short, I've sort of found myself having to keep up to 11 kids aged 6-16 amused during the holidays. Luckily they all enjoy fishing but they all want to catch something they can eat so the Schoolies we're catching on Cefn are no good. It would be nice to pick up some Mackeral so could anyone suggest somewhere I can take a bunch of kids that's safe and well have a chance of catching something - please ;)
hi mate,tut tut,11 kids!!that'll teach you to keep the old boy in your pants!:wiggle:,seriously though,i know they are catching them quite close in in tenby off the rocks,also round saundersfoot and stackpole,might be a bit far to go though with 11 kids,kill two birds and all that,if you go to tenby you can buy them an ice cream:icecream:

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
hi mate,tut tut,11 kids!!that'll teach you to keep the old boy in your pants!:wiggle:,seriously though,i know they are catching them quite close in in tenby off the rocks,also round saundersfoot and stackpole,might be a bit far to go though with 11 kids,kill two birds and all that,if you go to tenby you can buy them an ice cream:icecream:
Hi John, my thoughts were the same as Salmon's. I haven't heard of any being taken from the shore in our area so a trip further west would be best. You might have to get a bus with the tribe you've got !

·
Registered
926 Posts
Porthcawl pier should be a good day out, plenty of room for 11 kids. Plus a lot of mackerel and pollack have been caught casting out feathers at distance. Usually around the pole which sticks out the water over by the harbour. There's a nice platform to fish off which is pretty safe at good weather. But just to warn you, don't fish at days with very strong winds. waves come flying over the pier!

All the best!

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, seems likes West is best - couldn't take them to Porthcawl the smell of p*** would put them off for life :(

Er Reg What's a 'Bus'?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts