World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out a few times since my last report. I wont bore you with the mixture of results suffice to say I've targeted and had a share of bass, hounds, tings (grrr) and flatties.

Annoyingly, more recently I've had, I feel more than my fair share of weed. Its almost made me not venture out on occasion but not quite :). To be fair I've caught fish in between the rafts that seem to come through at High and Low water. Its just annoying knowing the fish are there but unable to keep a bait in position long enough at prime time for the fish to find.

The title refers to an observation that seems pertinent at the moment.
To explain: catch reports from Gorleston southwards indicate fish are present and being caught, reports north of Walcott indicate the same. My own results back up these comments and reports for those areas of the coast. But the area in between (Hemsby, Scratby, Caister, Yarmouth North & South beaches) seem devoid of fish. Like a fish desert; a no mans land.
I fished one of those venues last night. I looked at my dairy for previous years and based on those records went East. What a waste. Five hours fishing; 2 hours to top and 3 down. Prime time. Yet nothing. Nothing I could deceive myself of being a bite. Just piles of weed in the headlight.
Even the seals, visible on horizon lying on the sand islands wasted no time fishing the area in front of me as they were pushed of the sand at HW.

As I sat there last night willing the tips to rattle I wondered why?
Anyone want to input?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
It's early August, so the Hounds that have been on the beach that you fished last night, are almost certainly now gone. The water is clear and there was a full moon last night, so in my opinion, not to the liking of Bass. Not even a self respecting Ting is going to show itself in water of that clarity with a bright moon and have probably moved out into deeper water where they feel safer.

North Easterly breeze forecast from Sunday to Wednesday next week, that could put a bit of fizz in the water and make it more interesting boi Jeff. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
I’m on holiday at our static van at the moment in califionia Cliffs scratby and have been on the beach most days with the children , at caister when the sea goes out there’s a sand bar and pool of water gets left which is normally full with tiny fish and has been for the last three weeks so my guessing is there is to much food in the water at present for the bass and any other fish to worry about chomping on any worms, would prob be a good time to lure fish and replicate what there eating .

·
Registered
84 Posts
I live close to those beaches, early spring its not to bad,
But when there's plenty of white bait and sprats about and its crap.
Also the seals are a major problem, there's so many of them, multiply each one by the poundage of fish they eat per day and there's yah answer.
If you use a fish bait on those beaches it only takes 15mins and you have a seal in front of you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wellit looks like I'm in for an exciting week because these are the exact places I'll be fishing in two weeks time when I visit for my holiday.
I was propper looking forward to it until openning this thread haha!
Hooefully we get a change in weather before then and the sea gets some colour to it!
Hope you have more luck at the listed venues in the coming weeks Jeff! Hard luck always pays off eventually!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Wellit looks like I'm in for an exciting week because these are the exact places I'll be fishing in two weeks time when I visit for my holiday.
I was propper looking forward to it until openning this thread haha!
Hooefully we get a change in weather before then and the sea gets some colour to it!
Hope you have more luck at the listed venues in the coming weeks Jeff! Hard luck always pays off eventually!
It's almost 4 weeks since this catch report was posted, Adam. A lot has changed since then and may well change again before you arrive mate. ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh sorry I thought it was from yesterday alan
I agree though, as we all know too well fishing can change from one day to the next and you never know what to expect.
To be honest I can't wait to get back on the beach watching the tip in anticipation no matter what the fishing brings ill make the most of it and it can't be any worse than what's on the TV when the Mrs has the remote!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts