World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondered if anyone has fished any part of chesil latey, havent seen any reports.

L

·
0 Posts
We're all indoors keeping warm! I've caught enough Poor cod, Pout and Dogfish to last me awhile - that said forecast for the weekend is looking a little better!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Haven't fished since January. Feb and March are absolute rubbish months for fishing; scratching for even a dogfish.
Last year I fished 3 times a week + through feb and march with the sheer determination just to catch anything!!!

So this year I was even more determined NOT to fish through these 2 months.

Think about it! I was living in Bristol and driving to Chesil 3 times a week, equating to: £60+ fuel a week. Don't forget the bait usually around £20 per session, wow thats another £60.

March and feb 06 = £300 spent for a few doggies, rockling and pout.

Roll on next month!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its been very poor this winter, pout & doggies. plenty of pantene shampoo bottles though. at a guess, probably 20,000 washed up empty from the container ship, cant have done the fish much good.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i fished abbotsbury last thursday. loads of fish about granted it was only doggies, pout and poor cod but still fish!!! some big doggies too good if u were in a comp.
i dont what all the fuss is about, get out on the beach if u dont go your never know!

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
i don't bother with january and february. as said, fishing is poor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to prove the point, since my earlier post i've been down to hive beach & caught 2 dogfish.

did have a very good knock that looked like a plaice though, about an hour before the doggies came in.

word in the tackle shop is that abbotsbury & charmouth are producing plaice.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol so as a round up most people dont like fishing these months but those who do catch doggies and pout. cheers guys jsut wondered what happenin on chesil l8ly know I know thnx

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Haven't fished since January. Feb and March are absolute rubbish months for fishing; scratching for even a dogfish.
Last year I fished 3 times a week + through feb and march with the sheer determination just to catch anything!!!

So this year I was even more determined NOT to fish through these 2 months.

Think about it! I was living in Bristol and driving to Chesil 3 times a week, equating to: £60+ fuel a week. Don't forget the bait usually around £20 per session, wow thats another £60.

March and feb 06 = £300 spent for a few doggies, rockling and pout.

Roll on next month!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes but were they good?????????

At that price they should have been!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
any fish is a good fish mate! tho i do tend to lie low
at this time of year! only had one sesh this year
doubled up on bull heads allday!
its never off my mind tho!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts