World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any decent trout fisheries near glasgow/stirling that I can access via public transport?

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Magiscroft Coarse Fishing
Garngibboch Rd, Condorrat, Glasgow, G67 4AF
01236 737 577

fished there is good for a session of tench bream n loads of roach

Lochmill Fishery
Antermony Rd, Milton Of Campsie, Glasgow, G66 8AD
0141 776 1903

Mollinsburn Trout Fishery
Adamswell Farm, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G67 4HP
01236 873 106
Category: Fisheries

loads more do a google search for glasow fisheries
depends what ya lookin for

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Chris, As has been stated, Wellsfield Trout Fishery, outside Denny, on the main bus route to Stirling, is a good place to catch your trout...its no more than a 5-10 min walk from the main road,you are dropped off right at the entrance, the Stirling bus from Buchanan St will get you there no problem at all. There is also a bait pond, and they do a tagged fish comp too, well worth a quid...Link below...:)

http://www.wellsfield.co.uk/

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Why Thank you Graham, you are most generous ...:):)...thing is tho, Ulterior motive there... !!! the owners son , Paul, is my mates son in law !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But as you say, really nice folks, with a crackin "bothy" for a sit down and tackle etc etc...Fished it a few times myself...last time I fished the bait pond...left my almost mint Mitchell 300 on a bench!!! Boo Hoo...didnt get it back !!!!:wah::wah:

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers norrie. might go there this weekend seeing as very few boats are floggin the oggin at this time of year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts