World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Pretty new to see fishing (see my newbie post) and wanted to get to the beach at the weekend, unfortunately I have still to get my tripod.

I have pretty much got all the tackle to go, I have got an eleven foot beach-caster and a reel to go with it. What type of fishing could I do with this and what other tackle would I need, or would I just look totally stupid stood with my rod.

I have been looking at videos on the net with people fishing with the same type of gear, but what would they be fishing for, and would it be spinning?

Sorry for the long read, so many questions, not enough time.

BTW, I wanted to target flatties.

Thanks for reading.

GVS

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Nothing wrong with standing on a beach holding your rod (oops). I often fish surf beaches without a tripod as your on the move most of the time. Or yoy could make your own from a couple of bamboo canes, cheap as chips and will last a couple of sessions. just lash thre together at the top and you have a perfecty good tripod.

·
Landypirate
1,591 Posts
you could always use a sand spike on the beach , cheep enough to make your own, bit of angle or pipe , a couple of jubilee clips and a bit of sink waste pipe , (see pics ) or you could buy one from tackle shop ,,,,,,,,,, a lot cheeper than a pod ,,,,,

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW! Thanks for the speedy replies guys, and thanks for the photos, they speak a thousand words. :thumbs:

I am going to try and use a 2 hook boom rig with a 6oz gripper lead on 20lb line with a 70lb shock leader. Any good? Most of the info I have got ATM has been from the Internet, so If I am way off please tell me.

I have booked marked your sites BTW, looking forward to a good read.:yeah:

Many thanks again for your time.

Regards.

GVS

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that, I do have a 2 hook clip down in my little stash, so I might give that a go instead:thumbs:

Slight going of topic now, but what would you recommend bait wise for this set up? I am looking for flatties.

If I can actually get the line,hooks and bait out there is another matter but that's another story. :unsure:

Thanks for your help, I can't wait to get out there, but I don't want to rush and spoil the day, If you know what I mean.

Regards.

GVS

·
Landypirate
1,591 Posts
i do most of my flattie bashing on the lincs coast , between immingham and skeggy , mostly flounder and dab , 2 or 3 day old lug tipped with a bit of squid or mackerel works for me ,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
like was said earlier

3 pieces of the thickest cane you can find at about 5-6ft long and some poly twine or even string - to make a 'wigwam' tripod

used these for years - very light on a yomp - and the angle of dangle means that its less likely to blow over - of course a bungeee to the tackle box can solve that too

cheers

al

1 - 12 of 12 Posts