World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a phone call today from my mate if I fancied a session tonight, I said ok but let's give the knap a miss and try somewhere different ... Venue sorted and straight to Garry Evans for some fresh rag. While i was there I was looking at the hooks and thought wonder what these would be like, hmmm! Got home and made up some shorter rigs as most of the ones I have are larger ray rigs. Loaded up the motor and set off. Bites from the off but not taking the bait. Then a Nod Nod and fish on. In comes a nice codling just over 2.5lb . As I was re-baiting the other rod slammed , fooook I thought and seen my mate running over and on the rocks to help, while reeling in the dreaded "ping" 馃が off it popped. Was a much heavier fish than the first but what do you do lol. Went quiet for a while then another bite and another codling, slightly smaller than the first one. Both fish perfectly hooked in the bottom lip with the hooks I bought, happy days. Both fish returned for another session. Was an enjoyable nights fishing. Here's a few pictures. Until next time 馃憤.
Font Fashion accessory Audio equipment Lifebuoy Circle
Fin Food Fish Seafood Underwater

Water Fin Fish Marine biology Underwater

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You found them then (y) bet it was muddy :)
Could be a few bigger Cod caught from the shore this year, fingers crossed.
No mud at all bud at this venue, fishing off a pathway, obviously a bit of mud from the bottom of the rocks and the channel bed but nothing where we set up. Another good mark thanks to Mr.Dean Murphy 馃憤

1 - 20 of 21 Posts