World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a mitchell 31 and its verry noisey when motoring along anyone have a similar problem and how to solve it
i have soundproofed the engine box but the boat is open below the sealed decks with only one full bulkhead so the noise cant be con tained very easily

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
hi i have a mitchell 31 and its verry noisey when motoring along anyone have a similar problem and how to solve it
i have soundproofed the engine box but the boat is open below the sealed decks with only one full bulkhead so the noise cant be con tained very easily
did the answers on the motor boat forum not suit then? Old Fords are noisey and two are twice as noisey, unless you have the hull to bury them in they will always outgun your voice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. no help from the other forum. take it you are the person with the two engines.

its funny that you are *aquabell* as when i lived in essex i kept a boat in tichmarsh marina and 2 freinds of mine both sadly no longer with us owned aquabells i a 33 with twin Bedford engines and the other a 27 with a ford 212 mermaid i dont remember how noisy the 33 was but the 27 was nowhere near as noisy as my mitchell.
anyway i will just have try a few things to cut the noise down a bit.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
I think all you can do is box in under the deck and soundproof the whole engine bay, but make sure there is still enough air flow for the engine to breath. Whatever you do it will still be noisy.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Mick, age makes for fond memories, but Fords are and always be noisey, live with it or get a Yanmar! Oh and they smoke on start up as well, thier saving grace is that they go on and on and on, and spares are cheaap and maintenance is simple, even I can do it. But keep fingers clear of turbo's that hurts. Good luck with it if you succeed please let us all know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts