World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey chaps... I'm new to the site so go easy on me! We've just bought a nice little inshore fishing boat....

I'm in need of a little advice as to where to fish for best results.... Had a little go the other day but to no joy.... couldn't even catch a mackerel! Where do you start in such a vast ocean?? Looking into getting a fish finder??...

Any advice would be great, thanks.....

·
Registered
414 Posts
fishfinder and chartplotter will help you find contours and wrecks,not all wrecks hold fish either so maybe looking out on forums or a bit of local knowledge would come in handy.difficult at the moment as there is a lot of algae present in the water,divers saying to me that bottom 5m is black in places,use lumi rigs if pirking.
as for macks a bit hit and miss,always seem to be above the wrecks or just off the back,been pestered by horse macks this year for the first time,managed to find a good wreck for cod last week off bacton but quite a distance off.
what boat do you have and where do you launch from?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.