World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go Pevensey today. Left home early and got there about 07:00 so had a looksee at Whitehorses and Normans and a mark in between that looked really interesting. just at the end of the houses. two sandbanks at the low water mark. with a gulley in between. Picked up my ordered bait of King, some small ones there. (Is that a maddie when its about 2inches long?) and fresh black, pretty good quality there. Decided on Normans Bay after a chat with a guy going out in a boat later. (Thanks guy) Made my way along there and fished the beach East of the sluice about 8am and got myself set up with main rod. two hook flapper. Black top and rag, tipped with king bottom and whacked it out. Got the short rod set up and decided to use the new rig two hook flapper with size 4 semi circles to see how they go as I have never used circles before. Both in the water. Water was flat calm and the sun was out, no wind or weed. A bit on the beach, but none on the line. thankfully.. Seemed like a good place to be after recent weather. couple of knocks on the "distance" rod and thinking whiting... mistake rockling! however quite a size a belly like Buster Bloodvessel and about 10 inches long. No blank at least. close rod... Snag. hmm no one told me about this... My new trial rig lost.... and leader. I was wondering if the knots were any good. yup they were took a lot of brute force to move/snap it. Its amazing how much mono stretches... Pulled in the other rod and it also snagged, but got away with it. moved to the next beach East far right side... Grumpy chuck out and sat waiting. The tide came in extrememly fast as well, which surprised me, twice.. Another knock on the big rod. another ling? No. there it was in alls its glory. A perfectly formed small, but untisputed Codling. My first ever.. It was only about eight or nine inches long, but mine nevertheless. Duly returned to find some bigger mates. The tide came right upto to the shingle shifter road (high was 11:30 I think) and I had to set up there for the duration. The rest of the day was rockling central. double shots on both rods.
A group of four turned up from Christchurch about an hour after high tide and started fishing the beach I had vacated... guess what snagged on a couple of their rods. one of my wayward casts found the same snag, but got away with it again. The sea was flat calm for the whole of my shift. The circles did what they say, no deep hooked fish so looks promising for the flats to come. Finally left at 2:30 after a bit of casting practice. How the hell do you tell how far you are casting? enough bait left for another session Monday or Tuesday. Not sure wheather to do a night session or do a day time at Shoreham on the arm.

Registered
Good report. I fished up in front of the bungalows from about 8 till 2. Fish from the off. loads of small ting, loads of fat rockling, a couple of flounder, dab and a pout. All small. I fish there a hell of lot and I too was amazed how quick the tide came in today. Caught me out a couple of times. Sea was quite flat as you said but quite a big swell at times.
The 1st beach to the east of the pipe is very snaggy, lots of rocks there. I found out the hard as well when I first fished there. The 2nd beach is snaggy as well but much further out. Although that could have changed since the storms. Beware of the west side as well.Thats worse!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good report. I fished up in front of the bungalows from about 8 till 2. Fish from the off. loads of small ting, loads of fat rockling, a couple of flounder, dab and a pout. All small. I fish there a hell of lot and I too was amazed how quick the tide came in today. Caught me out a couple of times. Sea was quite flat as you said but quite a big swell at times.
The 1st beach to the east of the pipe is very snaggy, lots of rocks there. I found out the hard as well when I first fished there. The 2nd beach is snaggy as well but much further out. Although that could have changed since the storms. Beware of the west side as well.Thats worse!!!!
Thanks for the info about the three beaches. If and when I go back I will steer clear. Just as a matter of interest can you see the rocks at low tide and how far from yesterdays high water mark are they. I thought I might have to ask one of the residents behind if I could set up in their bedroom it was so high. lol. PM sent as well...

Registered
Cheers for the report and good luck if you go out again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.