World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 8.30pm till 2.15am Sunday night - started to fish as the sea made rapid inroads to the stones, small tings from the off, using yellow tails on both rods with pennel rigs for you know what.
Wind was quite fresh and gusty from the SW direction, reasonable surf some withweed from the off but nothing major.
As the tide progressed the whiting got smaller and were in frequent so i was hopeful of a codling or a bass as the bait was actually in the water for a while before the tings got hold of it.
High tide came and went and fishing slowed considerably, it was a strange night as it was never really dark, the moon was really bright but behind cloud cover yet it was bright enough to keep the light levels up slightly i could see two to three beaches from where i sat no problem, the ebb started to pull and bites picked up and bigger whitings came on the feed, rigs were changed to portsmouths.
Steve

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hi Steve,
myself & Bakesey were down there last night, but faired no better, was good to be out but yes that was quite a bright evening shame about gusty wind.
stu.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi Steve.

Same Sunday, whiting and more whiting. Would be nice to have a half decent codling run this year.

Roy

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi Steve. Myself and Marco went down last night to brush off the cob webs as it were. We were by Billys Tower. I started off well, 1st cast in months first codling in years :), albeit only small - still a codling all the same though. Then tings, some big - upto 37ish, we also had a dab and a plaice. Packed up just after 11pm to watch the Ryder Cup hihglights.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello mate, yes i was texting Andy during the night, i was further east of you. Steve

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi Roy, good winds due this week turning northely at weekend - got to be in which a shout at some point mate. good luck Steve

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Steve. Myself and Marco went down last night to brush off the cob webs as it were. We were by Billys Tower. I started off well, 1st cast in months first codling in years :), albeit only small - still a codling all the same though. Then tings, some big - upto 37ish, we also had a dab and a plaice. Packed up just after 11pm to watch the Ryder Cup hihglights.
Hi Brett, long time since we last spoke, i could see your headlights from where i was fishing each time you walked down to cast i could see you lol. well glad you caught your first codling of the season, i was expecting better i have to say but hey thats fishing espcially our beaches, how did your carping go at the syndicate water ?
must catch up soon for a fish cheers Steve

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like an action-packed session. Fishing by moonlight is a great experience.
hi Neil i have had much better but it was not too bad, glad the festival all went well, i was in bed with the flu !!
Steve

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Steve, Nice report thanks as I am down at Bay View for 4 nights from Friday and will be fishing with Dave the Dab and Billy who coming down from up North for his holiday. Hope to see you at Whitehorses over the weekend. Regards, Tony

·
Registered
532 Posts
hi Roy, good winds due this week turning northely at weekend - got to be in which a shout at some point mate. good luck Steve
Just checked xc, and up to 52mph gusts on Friday, then dying down fo the weekend. could prove interesting

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.