World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few hours to myself this afternoon so opted for some live rag and oiled /salted lug cocktails in the hope for some nice flatties, went much further east than i normally do but wanted to get amongst some nice gulleys i had seen, sea was quite calm with rising rollers as the tide started to flood across the sand banks, fishing was quiet to begin with but not long after the water started to move in the tings came on in numbers, horrible pin tings, no flatties showed at all which surprised me, conditions looked good for flounders, pipes were not ejecting loads of fresh water so salinity levels would of been ok, tide was very small so put it down to that and the NW wind, enjoyable casting conditions and was treated to a very red sunset, fished from 2pm till 6.30pm i will have another go next week with the bigger tides. cheers Steve.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I wonder if the recent deluges have moved fish away from the pipes temporarily, there was an awful lot of grey fresh water spewing out and drifting eastwards last weekend.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Unlucky Steve, as Alan says there loads of freshwater spewing out last weekend and the weekend before, never feel confident fishing there afterwards.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Unlucky on the target species but these are also short tides...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well done for getting out and having a go! I agree with others the short tides made it difficult for you, perseverance is key - you will turn up one day and bang the fish have it!!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having fished these beaches for some time now I guess it was just one of those days, two week ago Monday when there was tonnes of freshwater run off a mate was catching good flounders 100yds from where I was fishing, flounders are not challenged so much regarding salinity as often found in brackish waters - the tide was poor but really it was just one of those days. Steve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.