World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lads ,

Met up with Jonny yesterday for a spot of evening Congering:laugh:
We set about the fishing around 4 pm with the heavier end of the fishing tackle scene, i was doing the usual, 7oz weights, 8/0 Mustads and 50lb line, Jonny has delved into the world of braid and was using his 535 with an MK2 Apollo, wayhay!

The large baits went out about 30yards and we settled in to wait and wait and wait and wait, cant complain as this is fishing but nothing even really pulled the rod tips all evening.
If i didn"t snag then the bait was gone each time i reeled in, this leads me to believe that small fish, crabs and shrimp have been eating there full :doh: Damn those Critters lol But a six hour blank is no bother to me or Jonny so we just had a good natter.

A large seal was around all day but i don"t blame it on the poor fishing, i have fished this spot with great results when the seal has been sealing around, i"ve also had really poor days at this mark when there has been no sign of a seal.

Alas it was not be yesterday, although its still a bit early in the year:ph34r:
Think i may hit the same spot next weekend for a rattle:) if the weathers reasonable:g: Not bringing my headlight down to the mark made it an eventful last 30 minutes trying to see what, where, how, don"t like nasty rocks in the dark:blink: thankfully no mishaps as Jonny remembered his light lol

Well now:happy: out again tomorrow night for a spot of fishing although i think concrete or sand will be the cleverer option, as my thighs are telling me,, hey Mark,, have a rest:wheelchai

Until the next time fellow anglers:)

Fedstar...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Had a wee trip up too Redbay pier today with my 4yr old daughter to do some lrf with jelly worms. No fish caught but noticed the herring fry have started around the edge of the pier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts