World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished North Beach Yarmouth today behind Salisbury Road. Fished over high water which was at 12.06. Had constant bites from small whiting but nothing of any size showed. Also had 5 dabs but only one keeper. Ended up keeping that and 2 deep hooked tings. Water was well coloured but there was quite a big swell. Weed was not a problem for me although a couple of chaps fishing 200 yards to my left had big weed problems. I think they were casting further than me but not sure, they only seemed to catch small tings like me so I don't think that the long casting was worth it, There were quite a lot of seals about.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Weed was not a problem for me although a couple of chaps fishing 200 yards to my left had big weed problems. I think they were casting further than me but not sure, they only seemed to catch small tings like me so I don't think that the long casting was worth it, There were quite a lot of seals about.
Well done for getting out Martin, that usually seems to be the case after a big blow doesn't it. Such fish as are about will normally be feeding closer in and banging out long distances just means more line in the water trapping weed and other flotsam.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well done for getting out Martin, that usually seems to be the case after a big blow doesn't it. Such fish as are about will normally be feeding closer in and banging out long distances just means more line in the water trapping weed and other flotsam.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went for a walk on the dunes with the dog today, loads of seals cruising around close in- counted 8 at one point and this one hauled out. Have never seen one on that beach before. View attachment 1355625
A couple of years ago I did have a female come out of the sea right under my rods. She realised her mistake and plunged straight back in. I think more would come out except there is nearly always someone walking along the beach, often with a dog. After all there are loads of them on Scroby.

·
Registered
677 Posts
A couple of years ago I did have a female come out of the sea right under my rods. She realised her mistake and plunged straight back in. I think more would come out except there is nearly always someone walking along the beach, often with a dog. After all there are loads of them on Scroby.
It was busy. I was surprised to see it but it didn't seem at all concerned by the people walking past. There was a young girl playing in the sand and being watched by her dad about 10m from it. Not sure what my dog would have made of it but he was on a lead, a good distance away.

Incidentally, there were a couple of groups fishing but I only saw them pulling in masses of weed!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was busy. I was surprised to see it but it didn't seem at all concerned by the people walking past. There was a young girl playing in the sand and being watched by her dad about 10m from it. Not sure what my dog would have made of it but he was on a lead, a good distance away.

Incidentally, there were a couple of groups fishing but I only saw them pulling in masses of weed!
Oh dear, hope it is gone by Thursday when I am going again. It is a very small tide so should be OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts