World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,766 Posts
Whilst certainly not an expert on this mark it so much depends on the height of the tide and the state of the tide . If you pick a big tide ,anything over 7 mtrs , and you start fishing at low water a short cast will take you into deep water ,ie into the channel . Smaller tides you obviously have to cast further . Do the fish stay in the deep channel ,my thinking is no they don't they come up onto the banks in the relatively shallower water. The strength and direction of the wind will also have an effect ,either holding the tide back or pushing it in further . Last week a very good and well known angler on here fished Black Point near Burry Port and was weeded out ! The amount of fresh water coming down the Burry Inlet can also make a difference. So to answer your question there is no black and white answer I'm afraid . What other species is a little bit easier ,flounder and bass is the answer ,anything else is a bonus although once upon a time codling were caught there.

Reactions: bluebird 8

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
fishing it myself in a species hunt next sunday,not alot of species from there but have had scoolies dab whitting rockling codling floiunders and did see si get a very nice sewin. hope a few turn up next week for me. i walk 10 mins up beach and can get away fishing carp rods with 30z grippers to start then plain leads as tide slackens.
pendine meet 23rd april.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.