World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all members of my family are going to be happy with me.

Caught on the North coast, bites all night, loads of little ones again, but had these too! All caught on single hook patternosta with one Lug on a hook.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well done vaughan. Im going to try perranuthnoe tonight, first time for me so not sure how it will fish, have u ever fished perran?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will I have fished Perran quite a lot and had quite few bass from there, but it is quite often weeded out down there. I was digging lug at Long Rock last night and there was a bit of weed about there. But the wind has not been strong and on shore there so it should be OK. I Prefer the right hand side or far left, but when it fishes well they are taken all over the beach.

Use Lug for sure, it out fishes the rag about 10 fish to 1, especially on the South Coast.

I was down Praa one night and some chap who had caught 8 fish by midnight, I had had none! came up to me and asked me if I wanted his worm because he was going, I said "I've got plenty of rag thanks mate" then he told me to try his rag and I was in first cast, then second, then the third!!!!

Swiss, sorry mate bet you wish you were back already, gutted. he he :D . It was fishing like crazy last night, lets hope it continues mate.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks vaughan. Should be a slight swell there tonight as well. ive heard that perran is also good for ray, may try for them down there soem time...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is supposed to be good for Ray but I have never had one from there. Lots of people have though and I think most were caught on large sandeel. Maybe this is why, because I never use sandeel after dark unless it is live.

Don't know if you have been here before but it's a good place to check the south coast swell.

http://chrisold.co.uk/webcam/index.php

Looks like there is a reasonable swell today, should be ok.

·
Registered
210 Posts
May take some sandeel tonight then. Thanks for the link, should come in useful. I can usually tell if there is a swell there, as i surf perran sometimes, and can see the whitewater on the rocks from my house, which usually means there will be some swell down there. Have u tried sennen or porthcurno yet this year?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went down Porthcurnow a few weeks ago and saw a nice shark that must have sacred the fish off because not a bite all night in what I though would have been perfect conditions. However, the F****** netters netted the bay from Logan's Rock to the Minack last year, nothing got through!!!! So maybe they have started already!

Been to Sennen a couple of times and have had a couple but nothing great, now I travel further up the coast towards Newquay, as this is where all the fish seem to be.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The netting is a disgrace. May try porthcurno later in the year. I read your post about the shark, im not suprised, as they do come close to the shoreline, it could of been anything from a porbeagle to a thresher. Imagine hooking one of them under the minack!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
vaughan said:
However, the F****** netters netted the bay from Logan's Rock to the Minack last year,

Ian houlton - cornwall is calling!!! thats a fair distance between the 2 points, they must have got loads!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are not seriously close to the limit mate, the smallest being 41cm. All I can say is my Millionare II is definately smaller than your 525. I don't take undersized fish and I don't sell them. I like catching them for eating and also the sport. There are not many around that are a real "sporting proposition" because most have been taken by the nets by then, not by the anglers! And just so you know after that lot I still put some keepers back! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts