World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out tonight for a session.
My fishing buddy has gone awol so will be out but where I dont know.

Anyone fancy a meet?

Pete

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright mate me and my cousin will be heading to greysands tonight in the hope of a bass or two. should be there 7pm onwards if you wanna tag along
Thanks for the offer mate, I have fished it twice over the last 6 weeks and blanked both times, maybe you can unlock a few secrets.

It looks like I will have to stay local (on call) (further down river), but I appreciate the offer. If you fall in I may just see you float past :cool:

Pete

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
the man that knows it all is asking for advice :doh:...whatever next?.
Wheres your advise then Wilky LOL.Scribbles dont work down there.
Id say crab,crab or crab. Whole Squid has been known to work for the biggies,but its lots of blanks before you catch.
Im not sure whether to go fishing this weekend or not?I think ive may have crabitus...im feeling the need to hide away and take on lots of lager to pop me old shell off.May be safer to venture out when im a bit crinkly.:headhurt:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
went down with frozen peeler, sandeel, mackerel, squid and mussle. not a sniff on anything other than mussle which resulted in 2 bass and several bites

weed was a major problem though loads of it in the water and on the beach
yeh i had a look out around in combe plenty of weed where i wanted to try so decided not too bother and go sunday night instead nice try anyway bud

as for the comment from the vertically challenged one when have i ever said i know it all

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Wheres your advise then Wilky LOL.Scribbles dont work down there.
Id say crab,crab or crab. Whole Squid has been known to work for the biggies,but its lots of blanks before you catch.
Im not sure whether to go fishing this weekend or not?I think ive may have crabitus...im feeling the need to hide away and take on lots of lager to pop me old shell off.May be safer to venture out when im a bit crinkly.:headhurt:
i`m crabbed out too...smoothhounds are overrated anyway i reckon..lol..

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
if you want to avoid the weed in the river its worth fishing crow side,over codpits area on a spring high..you get 1 hour up and 2-3 down without weed.its weird,if you fish here on the flood its impossible but somehow on these tides its virtualy weed free.lug works a treat.nice flukes come from here too

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fished the River from 8-2 Nothing!
Had a couple of what may have been Mullet nibbles but the crabs did well out of my bait the little fookrs!

To keep my bait off the bottom I wound it up a foot or 2 but something kept nicking my rag couldnt have been a crab (unless he had ladders) what ever it was knew how to get rag off, rag that was threaded all the way through to the tail! Houdini git!

Pete

·
Registered
408 Posts
Fished the River from 8-2 Nothing!
Had a couple of what may have been Mullet nibbles but the crabs did well out of my bait the little fookrs!

To keep my bait off the bottom I wound it up a foot or 2 but something kept nicking my rag couldnt have been a crab (unless he had ladders) what ever it was knew how to get rag off, rag that was threaded all the way through to the tail! Houdini git!

Pete
The river gets full of fry, shrimps and other wiggly things, they strip worm in seconds:cry:

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
speaking of the river,,anyone heard of any gilts coming out this year?.
Yep. A few to 1lb and one at near 3 about 6 weeks ago. Unsubstantiated though.

Captor not sure of species and were described as "looked like black bream but had yellow stripes on their heads"

Fell to crab from boat allegedly (before all the summer fresh washed em all the way back out as far as the gulf stream I imagine. lol)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
had two gilts from the rocks at instow last sunday to lugworm biggest was around a lb the smaller one was around 4oz

nice one lee.you kept that one quite?.lol..who where you fishing with? the veals forum dudes.?.pmsl..:marinheir..lose lips and all that.

i was hoping this year would see a bigger stamp of gilts..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice to know I'm missed. I just got back and am too sh*gged to go out tonight.

How about Monday after work ?
Have a listen to your answerphone!! Out after work yes have a quick snack here then were off fishing at 7 till whenever (not too late school night!!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts