World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm heading up to see the inlaws this weekend and was hoping to get a few hours angling in. They live about 25 mins inland from Saltburn, which I have fished previously (although with limited success). AI'm just looking for a few pointers on where to go, I suppose in the time given I could get from Whitby to Middlesbrough so you help is much appreciated, also what baits are working there at the moment?

Cheers

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the mackeral still in at Whitby ?????

Have you thought about the South Gare ????

& there's always Hartlepool , Piers & beaches ????
I'm up for trying them, are they any good - ie what can I expect from the pier? Is it a long sandy beach or rocky etc... sorry about my ignorance but I have never fished (or even been to) Harlepool / South Gare

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I'm up for trying them, are they any good - ie what can I expect from the pier? Is it a long sandy beach or rocky etc... sorry about my ignorance but I have never fished (or even been to) Harlepool / South Gare
Have a look in the "Sticky" at the top of the page , Members North East Coastal Photo's , there's plenty of visual info there.

You might catch flatties , bass , coalies . Maybe a few mackeral if the sea dies off & if they're still about :thumbs:

The South Gare is at Redcar , behind the Steelworks .

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just come off saltburn pier...was passing a couple of hours, plenty of flatties about although a few are small.
Saw one mackie caught and it was only about 3 inches long, smallest one ive ever seen and it had all the markings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts