World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every 1
thinking of giving north gare a shot this weekend could any 1 shine any light on the place like what ground is like and any marks to fish from, and what species can be caught there and what rigs are best so i can knock a few up before hand, sounds like a lot to ask but all help much appreciated

carl

·
Registered
506 Posts
only fished there once this year lost quite alot of rigs there but my brother got a 4lb bass so wasnt bad

not sure on rigs we used 3 hook flappers and pulleys

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
as you walk on the pier you will see a small platform on the lower level. this is onto clean ground after about 2ft. whiting, flats or small bass can turn up here. all the flats can be caught here but are usually small.

all along the left side is clean ground but getting rougher further out as you go along.

right at the end it drops to a large flat lower platform.

keeping tight to the wall on your left and casting back towards the town is relatively clean ground at distance. there are some snags out there but anything under 60yds is snaggs.[boulders]

that is the only clean ground anywhere off the end. you will need to use a rotten bottom. i,d recomend using a single hook pulley rig off there as you arnt far above the sea. take plenty of leads if your fishing the end and a rod rest as theres no railings.

your biggest problem though this weekend is the sea. a brisk northeasterly is forcast on saturday. this pushes straigt accross the bay at the pier. the shallow water on top of boulders means the sea lifts very easily here, coming over the end of the pier.

be careful.

·
Registered
543 Posts
isnt there big bowlders on the end of the gare coz i lost loads rigs off there
i like fishin the lil platform on there realy good fun for small bass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts