World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with the wind picking up and changing from a S/W to N/E I didn't know what to expect, if anything ??
I was hoping for a Bass, size wouldn't have mattered just the fact that it would have been the first one of the year.
This didn't happen unfortunately, but what did turn up were three fat little codling only around the pound mark or just over, but fat, good condition, and looked very healthy !! all went back to fight another day.

I would think the way things are going with these little Codlets / Codling the fishing should be good in the next few years ??
The only disappointing thing I have heard today is there is netting going on at a lot of the Bass marks on the North Kent coast.

Now I don't profess to know much about netting, and understand that it is not illegal to carry out this practice, but I am hoping that the people who are netting are being responsible in the size mesh that they use, and the size of fish that they take, and that they check their nets on a regular basis to allow fish that are still living and that are not what they want, to be released to fight another day ??

I am sure if I have anything wrong in my comments someone will put me right !!

Rob

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
the bandits are out there netting every night not very far out I watch there lights when I come home from work early in the morning :rtfm: at least when its rough we stand a chance of BASS out tonight hoping for 1 or 2 :g:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Unlucky Rob on your 'silver bar' quest. Well done on getting a few codling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts