World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had the crazy idea of going to fishing after i finished work at hopefully 3 ish in the morning, this then turned to not leaving work until 4.30 (bloody typical).

i fished north lowestoft (don't really know the name but near a bumpy car park). i was hoping if i got there at the time planned i would be able to fish the last bit of the flood before the ebb started, as i was late i got there on slack water though.

never fished the venue before, i was thinking it would be rougher ground towards the right of the car park and this may hold a few sizeable codling. as i arrived at high tide and in the dark i chose a bay that looked good from what i could see.

that was probably the best part of the day. as the light came up i realised how much debris was in the water, and even worse the fish wasn't playing the game. in the end i left half hour before low water to get some sleep. ended up with a pin and two codlets.

i couldn't believe after that blow there wasn't more fish, you would've thought they'd be cueing up to take a bait.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well at least you didn't blank bud, just unlucky maybe, a couple of the guys on here have had some results in that sort of area over the past couple of days. I know what you mean though it can be a bit of a bum when things don't go to plan. But there's always next time.

G

·
I fished Lowestoft north beach yesterday afternoon into the evening on the ebb , was useless . seems to be fishing better on the flood .

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yep...We fished the last bit of the morning ebb yesterday and then the flood and did alright....also as kev suggested we fished a few bays north..although we had pleanty of fish we had nothing over big but there was a few good fish caught of there yesterday
Well done on getting out there though mate and thanks for the report
atb

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup, even though the results were a little disappointing i have however gained a bit of experience and knowledge. eventually i'll work the east anglian coast out, just a new learning curve.

·
Registered
46 Posts
sounds like you fished links road, with that bumpy car park .I fished it last night from 4pm to 10pm .the weather was overcast at first ,then about 8.30 pm it fell out the sky . pretty good first cast a double ting ,then a couple of singles .had one rod with a big black lug on a pulley Pennell and the other with a 3 hook boom with size 4 carp hooks . nothing on the pulley for a good few hours then decided to use a 2 hook flapper ( just more tings ) .about 7.30pm the boom rod knocked a bit not much gave it a few minutes then pulled it in to my utter surprise a nice codling and 2 tings .codling weighed just under 2lb . the 3 hook boom produced most of the fish last night and ended up with 1 cod ,9 ting (one keeper ) 1 dab , 1 pout . and no lost gear .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts