World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a first go in 8 months or so on the sand north Norfolk on easter Sunday lovely mornings fishing with a lot low presure.i ended up catching 12 bass all around 1lb half to 2lb mark great bit action for 3 or 4 hours well worth ago.no weed and once this north cold windy chill goes and the low presure is back it will fish again.plenty bass about guys all fish caught in lugworm.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well done, N N sand, where roughly please, Mundsley? I usually fish the shingle, Cley,
But would like to try elsewhere, only at Scarning so no where to far.
thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, never fished that part of the coast, any pointers? Or a secret?
Two hours up over high either side is ok one point I would say do a low water reckon to find the gullys and clean parts off beach.i go very light now in all my fishing worth a walk.i fish the best off the tide pack up.all the sand is fishing just need low pressure bass everywhere good luck hope you get a few

·
Registered
34 Posts
Two hours up over high either side is ok one point I would say do a low water reckon to find the gullys and clean parts off beach.i go very light now in all my fishing worth a walk.i fish the best off the tide pack up.all the sand is fishing just need low pressure bass everywhere good luck hope you get a few
Hi, Nice haul! I'm quite new(ish)to the area and this type of fishing and spent last year learning some of the ropes....do you bait fish from the beach or use lures for the bass? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, Nice haul! I'm quite new(ish)to the area and this type of fishing and spent last year learning some of the ropes....do you bait fish from the beach or use lures for the bass? Thanks
Just as an addition - I'm used to clearer waters and from but round here seems so brown so I'm dubious how a sight hunter would ever be able to see a lure 🤔

·
Registered
26 Posts
JC thanks again for your comments, always very useful, looking forward to giving it a try, is low pressure best or can you catch whenever?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once the may weed has gone and you get a good north west wind in June and the water is clear dirty black squid whole up fishing the shingle 30 to 40 yards out two hours before high water you will get the bigger fish wait for the macks and white bait to come in.lure fshng not my bag but I know guys who do it on a very flat calm sea clear water around June time when the macks and white bait are in first light is the one watch for the birds diving you will find the bass are underneath places cley salthouse weybourne wells

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JC thanks again for your comments, always very useful, looking forward to giving it a try, is low pressure best or can you catch whenever?
Find lw pressure like today but wind will bring a lot weed after a blow up from the north east you wanna try get a window where you have a nice roll on it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just as an addition - I'm used to clearer waters and from but round here seems so brown so I'm dubious how a sight hunter would ever be able to see a lure 🤔
Just have to wait until may weed has gone the sea proper gets clear June and July.wells blakeny can produce some off the best bass lure fishing in those two months be careful of tides not to get cut off also if you have fly gear the sea trout and mallet can be fun.alot effort but rewarding hope I've helped it's all trail and error

·
Registered
128 Posts
Locally the mojority of larger fish are still a long way offshore , I would say 2-3 weeks behind at least at the moment .
Soooo many sea trout on the sand - friends have seen bigun's 6-7lb'ers. Feeding on the glass eels I guess? Heard a report of a 6lb bass on bait up that way as well... Not exactly lure fishing conditions yet though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts