World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Water Sky Hat Sleeve Lake
Arrived at midday. A fair few on the beach that were sunbathing and swimming. Walked a little way down the beach to get away from them.
Started fishing around one. The sea had a nice slight chop to it but water was pretty clear. Had a bait rod out using squid and fished for mackerel with the other.
You would have thought the sea was completely barren of fish. Tried the feathers on and off between one and five thirty. No sign of anything. Most of the other anglers had gone by about four o clock. Didn't see anyone else catch anything.
Was a lovely day to be fishing on the beach though.

Added a couple of pics that partner took unwittingly to show the conditions really. 馃檪

Attachments

Registered
I agree with you. Last week high tides were around dusk and had a dozen macks in a few casts. High tide yesterday was around half three to four. 馃憤 Will be at van for a few days next week so will be giving Suffolk a bash.馃檪
I'm taking someone sole fishing a Dunwich tonight so I'll report good or bad. Let's hope it's good.

Registered
For the bass on the shingle you want when the white bait is in a 14mph to 20mph north east wind or north west you will catch those fish right in the edge sun is no good up there I would forget it.you would be amazed how close you will catch them.lug works best when white bait is in and dirty black whole squid.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the great advice JC. Like you said, it was such a sunny bright day and didn't really fill me with confidence. Did not feel like it was going to be great from the start. Was expecting some macks though.

Registered
My cousin and his son were there today.evening or early morning best fish all the way along but I find you learn a lot everytime you go why we love it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts