World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after starting with using the prawns as cocktails with peelers and hermits most of us used them on their own with fantastic results , over 30 hounds boated with 5 doubles to 12.5 lb , no other fish landed but a good result all the same , now all we need is a local scorce ..

three doubles at the same time ..

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Nice one chaps ,good hounds there

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
:clap3:Interesting stuff , could be a convienient bait if they don't mind it frozen & got to be cheaper than live peeler .
Never found the hounds to be too fussy when they are around in numbers its just on the slower days when you seem to need live bait.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:clap3:Interesting stuff , could be a convienient bait if they don't mind it frozen & got to be cheaper than live peeler .
Never found the hounds to be too fussy when they are around in numbers its just on the slower days when you seem to need live bait.
they were better than hermits which is normaly the best and they stayed on the hooks well .

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
were they frozen as i have loads in the freezer could bring a kilo or two on the 29th ian what you think yes or no :secret::boat::secret:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
were they frozen as i have loads in the freezer could bring a kilo or two on the 29th ian what you think yes or no :secret::boat::secret:

yes they were frozen but i caught them and froze them myselve , i am going to try a alternative that i can readily buy . bring yours as i am sure that they will work ok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts