World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just back from holiday up the east coast and i spent most of the time on the beach with me shrimping net catching brown shrimps , one thing i did find this time were some fantastic prawns [ the translucent type with the big spear on the head ] and i froze a good few for this sundays trip . i cannot believe that these cant be fantastic tipping bait for hounds and rokers as the smell realy good .

results to follow.

G

·
They are an excellent and underrated bait in my opinion.

I have always had the bigger fish on prawn or bait tipped with prawns. Those bits on their heads are very sharp too..

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are an excellent and underrated bait in my opinion.

I have always had the bigger fish on prawn or bait tipped with prawns. Those bits on their heads are very sharp too..
its got to be one of the best baits , i am going for it ..

·
Registered
74 Posts
the prong at the front is sharp, my boy has a hole in his finger from the few he caught from walton pier last week.
I have had some massive bites when using them as bait but never managed to hook anything other than 1 small codling from gorleston pier.

ps where were you catching the brown shrimp, my lads gagging for a go?

Eddie

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the prong at the front is sharp, my boy has a hole in his finger from the few he caught from walton pier last week.
I have had some massive bites when using them as bait but never managed to hook anything other than 1 small codling from gorleston pier.

ps where were you catching the brown shrimp, my lads gagging for a go?

Eddie
around the groynes at mundlsley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts