World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone know where I can get my northstar serviced not very bright anymore have to keep turning it up and down to get it bright or any help in what it could be .......thanks I live in the Orpington Kent area

G

·
:wiggle: Every 3-4 times you fill it, use Coleman fuel, it will keep it clean mate.
at the price of £9.99 i wouldnt bother at all,ok its cleaner and i am only going on the advice of my local tackle shop,
i asked him,he showed me the stuff and said its good but you would probably only get two trips out of one carton of it, so his advice was this,try and buy a filter so it filters the gunk out of unleaded, decoke the lamp once a month, so lucky for me my father in law had the said filter,
if you cant get one then i suggest fold a pair of tights up several times, stretch it over your funnel and either tape it or elastic band to hold it, the shop could of sold me the fuel but i was reliably informed of the cost, and a better method, thats customer service, as i allways try to use one shop,

G

·
at the price of £9.99 i wouldnt bother at all,ok its cleaner and i am only going on the advice of my local tackle shop,
i asked him,he showed me the stuff and said its good but you would probably only get two trips out of one carton of it, so his advice was this,try and buy a filter so it filters the gunk out of unleaded, decoke the lamp once a month, so lucky for me my father in law had the said filter,
if you cant get one then i suggest fold a pair of tights up several times, stretch it over your funnel and either tape it or elastic band to hold it, the shop could of sold me the fuel but i was reliably informed of the cost, and a better method, thats customer service, as i allways try to use one shop,
also you can clean the old one but this is where you need to be careful,all info i have got from wsf,check the hole in the old one, get some telephone wire and unblock it, the wire is thin and may need straightening before you put it back together, if you are unsure just ask, i could photo how to disassemble the generator and show you, just ask ,when i get the time i will help you with it,

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi,
for the sake of the price of a new generator just put a new one in I replaced mine every 2 years works a treat and never used anything but unleaded ever.
still don't bother now use a samalite hd200 base lamp awesome but no good for heating up pies LOL.

rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts