World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

Me and my dad are new to fishing and i was wondering why there is so many marks on the nw coast and rhyl and prestatyn are just dead zones it doesn't seem ethical. I was wondering why this was. well atualy my dad was. i mean there is so many empty razorfish shells on the lw line. and a lot of dead crabs so there is obviously food .

sam :confused:

V

·
0 Posts
crab shells are more than likely due to a moult(u don't say what type of crab)as for razor fish shells,could be they came in with the winter sea defences,hayling island imports shingle every year at the end of summer to re-inforce the sea defences for the coming winter which is why any one wanting really stinky slipper limpets by the bucket load should look no further than the beach huts by the inn on the beach,lorry loads get dumped from sept onwards with no help from winter storms!(sea angler)
as for mark's where you live,just because nobody pinpoint's it dose'nt mean it ain't no good man,laymens term's,try a mark with everything you know in the way of bait and tactics,and if you don't catch(bearing in mind that some marks are dictated by seasonl swings)move on,but you never know,you may find a diamond.if so let me know.poet did'nt nooooo it!

V

·
0 Posts
ask around if razors are about,these shell fish prefer sand beach's(you will more than likely only find them at low water)they tend to leave a key shape type hole when tide is out,when collecting for bait-(on your own)walk backwards,following outgoing tide,if you see a wee spurt of water comining out of the sand just having walked over it,look for the burrow,(small keyhole type shape)although this is best done in twos.i.e. have someone walk along lw in front of you with you in a line behind looking down at every heel-print and around a foot or so after,again looking for any spurt of water(anything from a mere bubble to several inches)locate afore-mentioned burrow and pour table salt down it,a good libberal amount should suffice(you will of course brought a couple of saxo's from yer local tescos)if all goes to plan and you hit the spot you should see something resembling a tongue belonging to a $20 ***** should crawl forth,but whatever you do,don't grab for it yet,wait,patience,when it's around 6-8 inches long,JUMP ON THAT MOTHER-******* and pull im out.although it's best to watch the weather forcast and collect before a storm that's due to use during or straight afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts