World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
I don't want to be controversial or upset anyone but please could you encourage your club to try measure and release or some other method. i just can't get my head round killing numbers of Wrasse (beautiful fish) and Dogfish (they blink !) for a match. So few people bother to eat them, its a damn shame and really bad for P.R. No offence intended. :(

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Well done mate! Sorry I had to leave, my mum was upset as well, but my wife was pleased to see me (or was that me pleased to see her etc.!) All I had, as I told you, was a dog about 1 and a half and a cod about a pound, both released of course and, for once, just hooked in the corner of mouth. Was using light Bass rod which I held and felt bites very well with the braid. Met up with Tozer who is in Bangor Uni. Looks to be a very keen and well informed young WSF representative so I can see at least a 3 way match here! 4 with Jon Law, 5 with ChrisP (if he'll fish on land that is the webbed feet hamper him you know!!) You're the expert so you can be organiser. Rely on our say-so, you know. "Yea it was a bass, about 10lbs I'd say"!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Swelley, If were talking a bit of a comp. here,I`ll bring a couple of lads over to the Island for a bit of England v Wales. All in good fun of course.
Let me know if this can be arranged and hopefully we can sort something out.
All the best,
Terry F.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Cheers Terry, i'm sure it would be fun. However you will appreciate that the whole idea was a late evening spur of the moment thing, i.e. The others mentioned have not been consulteded etc.

There was some talk last year of an informal get-together in the Caernarvon area during the Summer. Ideally what you are suggesting could be part of that perhaps?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts