World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been tough the last couple of days in Northwales. Last week saw a lot of rain and the rivers chucked a load of fresh water into the bay. I believe, pushing the bait out. Then yesterday morning the mackerel and white bait appeared in shore.

I was out on a friends boat and got stuck into some tope which was a nice change especially tackling them on the lure rods in shallow water! However, I was wishing I was in the coast chasing silver just a little bit...

Then this morning I had a window of opportunity in the form of a quick walk whilst the missus was in bed sleeping...

So I was on the beach at 7. I could see fish moving on went the patch first cast the schoolies destroyed it.

SCHOOLEYGEDDON, went on for about 30 minutes a nice 45/50 cm fish very cast, what a perfect way to wake up. I switched over to my spittin wire rigged with singles. Whilst I didn’t drop any fish I would say the hit to hookup was slightly decreased but not massively. Definitely considering going all singles...

80D8BED2-4476-48EF-8341-D042269039EF.jpeg

Then a brief quiet period... the fish were still there but out of range of the patch. Unheard of I know!

So on went the black pearl seeker into the horizon. One turn of the handle and BANG. Fish on. Better this time budged the scales at just under 5lb. Beautiful condition and she swam off strong!

327E7DDF-D48B-4E10-913A-841951617B1F.jpeg

Just as I was reviving the fish I saw the other half and the dog trotting up the beach towards us and it was home time.

Great sessions, goes to show sometimes it’s worth doing something a bit different!

looking forward to a night raid tonight to sneak out a slightly larger one...

·
Registered
594 Posts
lovely fish and nice photos :thumbsup:

Reactions: FreeDan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice session and as hennie said great first pic the other is good to but the first one has it all
100%, the first one is the artsy show the fish off a bit. Electric blue fins the spikes etc. Then the second ones just a documentary shot for the archive!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
great stuff!! fab pics!!!...great memories!!..oly....:cool2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts