World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of the other forums ( south east and scotland) have started thier own specimen fish list. It's a bit like the record fish list, but without the need to kill the fish. This to me sems like a good idea, and with it being regional it gives us realistic targets to aim for.

What do you think?

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
yep great idea coz I know I'll never be on there!
you never no this might be your year dave ???

sounds a good idea i see the mods are fine with it as cascars is asking about todays catches

give anything a go within reason :unsure: :blink: count me in

tightlines.......................daz

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good idea! but like everyone else doubt if my 10oz flatties will get a prize!! I notice our friends north of the border are saying their little comp is only open to anglers living in Scotland but fish from anywhere in the UK can be entered? Are we going to do a similar restriction or do we want to make it open to all fish caught in the north west by any forum member - or what??? They've also put a few rules together regading weighing, photos, witnesses etc - do we want to follow their lead? Hope we don't get bogged down in rules and regs, it would be a shame to make it too complex so that no one bothered, its a great idea though, it should produce few more posts!!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Good idea! but like everyone else doubt if my 10oz flatties will get a prize!! I notice our friends north of the border are saying their little comp is only open to anglers living in Scotland but fish from anywhere in the UK can be entered? Are we going to do a similar restriction or do we want to make it open to all fish caught in the north west by any forum member - or what??? They've also put a few rules together regading weighing, photos, witnesses etc - do we want to follow their lead? Hope we don't get bogged down in rules and regs, it would be a shame to make it too complex so that no one bothered, its a great idea though, it should produce few more posts!!
probably best fish from the NW only as some people don't have the facility to travel.
I think as long as it's photo'd or witnessed its should be OK.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
probably best fish from the NW only as some people don't have the facility to travel.
Got to agree with dave on this one. All the fish have to be caught in the n/w. We've not much chance up here against a mid channel cod or pollock!

We need a mod to sort this out.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts

i agree with dave keep it simple as its only a bit of fun at the end of the day ,

a witness and a photo of the fish from anywhere in the NW will be fine ,will be fun to see whats being caught from where

tightlines....................................daz

·
Registered
457 Posts
A couple of the other forums ( south east and Scotland) have started their own specimen fish list. It's a bit like the record fish list, but without the need to kill the fish. This to me seems like a good idea, and with it being regional it gives us realistic targets to aim for.

What do you think?
I love a target to aim for.....but so as not to appear elitist can we also have a list of who can blank for the longest : just to give me a serious shot at a title!!:g:

Seriously though .... it is a great idea even if it helps encourage we "Lurkers" to have a go and gives us an idea of what we SHOULD be catching.:fishing1:

Hope to see my name up there one day........................ anyone can dream!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sounds like a good bit of fun and extra interest - beach only, or boat, or both? secondly will somebody define upper and lower geographical limits

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
I suggest one for each (boat and beach).
Upper limit - perhaps carlisle?
lower limit - perhaps the wirral?
should be doing a bit of boat fishing this year { if my mates boss pulls his finger out } so that's not bad ,

whats been put forward so far sounds good ,if you give it a couple of seasons like that then tweak things as and when needed then i think it'll be a good thing to have on the forum

tightlines................................daz

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
i take it nobody has any fish to put on here yet then ?????

just thought id bump it to the top , is someone going to ask one of the mods if they can sticky this

tightlines..........................daz

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
as a point of interest, if someone is fishing alone and in a remote location, how will they register a specimen? , and prove there catch without killing it.
i think the idea is great, but unless you consider this point it would restrict who could enter unless they had the use of ,--- camera,--- scales, and witness.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
....and there are ways camera images can be 'manipulated'...
well said wilky. the idea is a good,n. but if it is,nt given a fair bit of thought, somewhere along the line the people who came up with a way of bringing more interest to the n.w forum wil see it spoiled by dispute and argument even though its meant to be just a bit of added intrest.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
its nothing serious as the other forums were going to do one thought it might be FUN if it was started on here as well,

yes camera images can be manipulated but as its not a competition didn't think people would take it so seriously as to deceive, its more to see what is caught from where locally ,

I'm sure many of of us have cameras of some description that we carry with us be it only on a mobile phone don't no about anyone else but i think a picture with the thread adds depth to a report

as to marks that are remote I'm sure i wouldn't fish these places by myself just in case something unfortunate does happen and sometimes it does so for safety's sake more than anything i don't fish and would never advise people to fish these marks on there own just my opinion and it means you always have one a friend to keep you company ,
two some one to witness a catch { cause we no what people are like for questioning a catch without proof }
and three and the most important to help out if you get into trouble ,

and as Dave says why manipulate the truth when you have nothing really to gain from it

tightlines............................daz

1 - 20 of 39 Posts