World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I’m Completely new to Sea fishing and I’m looking for a few good spots that arnt busy in Northern Ireland, on the East Coast preferably. Somewhere for a beginner to get Started without being surrounded by the Pros :happy: The more secluded the better!

I have fished before when I was younger but looking to get back into it now. I have bought a few lures, spinners and I know to use bait like mackerel, squid and Rag worms.

Any tips and locations appreciated!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hows it goin T.
Probobly your best spot for starting out would be local piers. If your east coast/down the 2 that jump out would be Bangor and D'dee. The chances of them being secluded this time of year tho are slim.
I wouldnt worry about the "pros" either, get yourself out there and speak to the guys you meet, youl find out more from talkin 2 folk (so long as they arent bin lids) than you could ever read online.
I would fish both these spots with a 2 hook flapper on the bottom, nice and simple, not too heavy (could probobly get away with 1/1.5oz weight if its calm) and smallish hooks. Mackeral or worm baits both sound. Good fun to be had.
If your after seclusion then get your backpack out and just start walkin. If you see somewhere you fancy, chuck a couple lures and see if anythings about. If not, move on and try somewhere else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hows it goin T.
Probobly your best spot for starting out would be local piers. If your east coast/down the 2 that jump out would be Bangor and D'dee. The chances of them being secluded this time of year tho are slim.
I wouldnt worry about the "pros" either, get yourself out there and speak to the guys you meet, youl find out more from talkin 2 folk (so long as they arent bin lids) than you could ever read online.
I would fish both these spots with a 2 hook flapper on the bottom, nice and simple, not too heavy (could probobly get away with 1/1.5oz weight if its calm) and smallish hooks. Mackeral or worm baits both sound. Good fun to be had.
If your after seclusion then get your backpack out and just start walkin. If you see somewhere you fancy, chuck a couple lures and see if anythings about. If not, move on and try somewhere else.
Great advice! Thanks very much for the help.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Gee yerselfs North o Blackarch and throw down anywhere thats no hivin wee immigrants

Where ye from .....?....T.....:BigGrin:

Fedstar...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts