World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi four of us have just booked to go here next July.Has anybody any information on the fishing around this area.I booked here on the the advice of the guy from the travel company,I believe it is a relatively new location they are using and some excellent catches have been made already.We will be hoping to target the bigger cod and coalies and intend to fish with light gear to maximise sport.Any information on the fishing (boat or shore if weathers bad) and the surrounding area would be greatly appreciated.Cheers Andy S

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi. It was one place I was considering for next year but sounded a little too built up for our liking so it's crossed off the list. We've got too used to the remoteness of Hamniedet where there are only about 10 houses and 5 people!

I'd be really interested to hear how you get on though. It's supposed to be big Halibut country!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Actually looking more into the location (I was only commenting on memory from the photo on the Din Tur site yesterday!) we are actually considering a place quite close to there for similar time of year. Will be making a decision on that in a few weeks though. It's a toss up between 4 places in the Troms region right now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts