World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is depth charts of Norway from the Norwegian Geological Surveys.
The site is unfortunately in Norwegian, but under the link I will post how to get the depth charts out.

http://www.ngu.no/kart/arealisNGU/

When the site opens, click the tab "Kart", and then mark "Dybdedata"

You can then zoom in on your area. The more you zoom in, the more details you get.

Should be okay to use for planning trips. If you need more detailed instructions, just post here And I will try and lead you trough it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to tell you that if you are into shore fishing, and mark off "Norge i bilder" instead of "dybdedata", you get very detailed sat imagery. Like google earth, but better. Very nice for finding spots, as you can see underwater features in shallow water, rocks, cliffs, beaches etc and get an idea what the area is like, and see how to get there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi,just used the site and located the house i will be renting in september.the images and depth chart have given me a much better idea of the area that i will be staying at.cheers damon

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks for the excellent links Norseman. I've just found a very fishy looking plateau not far from where I'm staying in Ullsfjord next month. Logging those co-ordinates on the GPS is going to save a lot of time and fuel :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Superb link!

Way better than purplefinders - it doesn't crash :)

I think I'll be studying this a lot over the next few weeks while I plan for somewhere new for 2010 :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts