World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's any of you guy's booked to go to Norway this year I don't think anyone is likely to go until later in the year and maybe not at all unless we get a miracle what do you guy's think?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi guy's any of you guy's booked to go to Norway this year I don't think anyone is likely to go until later in the year and maybe not at all unless we get a miracle what do you guy's think?
I think all eyes are on what is happening over there. It looks like they are behind in there vaccination program. I think once everyone over the age of 45 is vaccinated over there there may be a chance it will open up. There are lots of things which could be required though as in both jabs done, covid tests etc. I have no idea for sure but hopeful for late summer but who knows? Fingers crossed everyone planning on getting out there

·
Registered
11,938 Posts
Not looking good at the moment. Judging by the infection rates at Oslo and Tromso. Both hubs for international flights.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I was quite optimistic a few months back - less so now. We are booked early August but can't see it going ahead if I'm honest.

·
Registered
16,281 Posts
I was quite optimistic a few months back - less so now. We are booked early August but can't see it going ahead if I'm honest.
Not looking great is it? 😕

Even if U.K. numbers are good, which is still up in the air, it’s what happens in Norway and the rest of Europe.

You might be okay in the summer though, if last year was any indication.

I didn’t intend to book anything for this year, mainly for financial reasons, although it did also occur that there might still be a lot of uncertainty.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Just had a message from the camp owners at Sandland Brygge saying that the Norwegian Tourist Board have decided to keep the border closed until at least the end of July and the camp have therefore reluctantly cancelled all trips until the end of July

The Tourist Board will take another decision in the middle of July, but the feeling is that it could be Sept/Oct before the border is opened again.

·
Registered
723 Posts
TBH it's such a pain in the ass at the moment with flights schedules from SAS being changed every week or so (mine have changed 3 times in 3 weeks) that I would be glad to know that this year is off so I can start arrangements for 2022. We were due to go 1st August but if borders are closed until end of July I can't see it making much difference that we go the following day.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
TBH it's such a pain in the ass at the moment with flights schedules from SAS being changed every week or so (mine have changed 3 times in 3 weeks) that I would be glad to know that this year is off so I can start arrangements for 2022. We were due to go 1st August but if borders are closed until end of July I can't see it making much difference that we go the following day.
The problems with the airlines changing their schedules was a big problem last year and mine were changed 3 times resulting in extra costs as we had to stay in hotel overnight in Oslo as when we got back from Alta it was too late for any flights to Heathrow, but in the scheme of things I'm grateful we actually got a trip last year when lots of people didn't.

It looks like passengers will have the same problems with schedule changes this year because of the uncertainty and even last year the camp owners told me that they didn't see this year being much better, which is why I didn't book for this year.

The problem in Norway at the moment is that they are worried about the recent rise in infections, mainly in the South and until they have the virus under control they don't want to open the borders, but even when they do we will need an air corridor with them to ensure we are not quarantining when we arrive there or when we return.

I hope you get to go, but I have to say it's not looking good

·
Registered
723 Posts
To be honest the last email I saw from Stina about 4 weeks back stated that everyone booked in for May, June and July would be contacted in the coming weeks and therefore sort of took that as she already knew those booked in July wouldn't be going.
Like I have said to the guys, if we go then great, if not then there is always next year...…..

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
To be honest the last email I saw from Stina about 4 weeks back stated that everyone booked in for May, June and July would be contacted in the coming weeks and therefore sort of took that as she already knew those booked in July wouldn't be going.
Like I have said to the guys, if we go then great, if not then there is always next year...…..
I was chatting to Steinar about something else when he mentioned it to me, but I think the same message is on their Sandland Facebook page, always worth keeping an eye on that.

Hopefully we will all be good to go next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts