World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and a mate are looking at going to norway next year for a fishing holiday on a selfdrive boat holiday. I was just for some info on the best places to go and who to go with. I have been told a couple of bad reports about some holiday company's like you stopping 20 min drive from the water.:uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
968 Posts
me and a mate are looking at going to norway next year for a fishing holiday on a selfdrive boat holiday. I was just for some info on the best places to go and who to go with. I have been told a couple of bad reports about some holiday company's like you stopping 20 min drive from the water.:uhuh: :uhuh:
:) Can highly recommend hellesoy as a kick off. Cabins are right on the water. Boats are 21/ 22 ft with inboard diesels. Very stable seaworthy boats with GPS and fish finder. The fishing itself is seasonal. Early spring for big cod and ling. Summer time brings masses of coalfish and other species. Get the ferry from Newcastle to Bergen. Easy peasy. Will be out there in 2 weeks time for a weeks fishing. Will post the results when i get back. Type hellesoy into the search for any previous info i've posted.:)

G

·
Speak to Martin at Anglers World Holidays.
There is another post on at exactly this time in the "General" forum and the phone number has been posted there by Dave Lewis who runs some guided stuff for them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm off to Lauklines - see the ads in Sea Angler. 35km from Tromso, some 300 miles inside the Arctic Circle - in 2 weeks so will be happy to report back. The cabins are all at the water's edge and the boats are simple 18 footers with fishfinders and GPS so all we need is for the fish to turn up.

Watch this space

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi mate if you want a really good deal on a fishing holiday in norway speak to a guy called Ian he runs the uk agency for Din Tur. They are the best and cheapest company to go with. The contact number is 0191-5654970

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm off to Lauklines - see the ads in Sea Angler. 35km from Tromso, some 300 miles inside the Arctic Circle - in 2 weeks so will be happy to report back. The cabins are all at the water's edge and the boats are simple 18 footers with fishfinders and GPS so all we need is for the fish to turn up.

Watch this space
dave make sure you keep plenty of beer for when we appear on the sat,glad you are staying an extra day ,you can show us around on the sunday(depends on what time because of the hangovers after drinking all your beer heeheehee).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi mate if you want a really good deal on a fishing holiday in norway speak to a guy called Ian he runs the uk agency for Din Tur. They are the best and cheapest company to go with. The contact number is 0191-5654970

i have heard a couple of people say these were ok but not the best. I will be going with anglers world will be getting my cash.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i have heard a couple of people say these were ok but not the best. I will be going with anglers world will be getting my cash.
:) To be honest, i've heard more complaints on this forum about anglers world than i have of Din Tur. Just look at comments on Avik Brygge. As spoke about several times on this forum. Research every avenue before booking. If you don't you could flunk big time. And don't just take the word of the operator.
Remember they're after your money.:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:) To be honest, i've heard more complaints on this forum about anglers world than i have of Din Tur. Just look at comments on Avik Brygge. As spoke about several times on this forum. Research every avenue before booking. If you don't you could flunk big time. And don't just take the word of the operator.
Remember they're after your money.:)

hi there sorry for the late reply! But how many people on here have been with dintur i know a couple who have been with anglers world and said there the best. But there a again there is iceland for around the same money.:clap2: :clap2: iam going to look in to both of these.

·
Registered
737 Posts
hi there sorry for the late reply! But how many people on here have been with dintur i know a couple who have been with anglers world and said there the best. But there a again there is iceland for around the same money.:clap2: :clap2: iam going to look in to both of these.
why dont you wait a couple of weeks because dave mitch is out there now with his m8s,i,am out there from the 14th ,both going to the same place and we both organised it ourselves so we should be able to help a bit i hope.

·
Registered
259 Posts
hi i was with dintur about 5 years ago ferry to bergan then
drove to trondhelmthen on to bakkan wahl takes a good day
driving but was wurth it great digs whith boat 100 yards away
could not fault dintur what they say is what you get lot cheaper
than the rest .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts