World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a lot of time in fishing in Norwaythe last couple of years and have had some pretty interesting results.
Is anyone inzterested in coming along on a trip?
Here's a 28 kg ling that I caught this year:

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Rob,

me and my mates have been talking about going to norway for a fishing holiday,,, can you point me in the right direction...?

nice ling : )

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi TM.
Sure, what do you want to catch?
What kind of accomodation do you want? It differs considerably from North to South.
What kind of tackle do you prefer to use?
ie. Do you prefer fishing with natural bait, pirking or big fish on light tackle or do you just want big fish no matter how?
What time of year do you want to go?
How many of you are there?

http://www.fishingsport.de/uploads/pics/alle_505.jpg
Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi rob,

Well we are thinking about big ling, big cod and big flats...
there will be 4 of us at least, we are thinking of going early summer
and staying in a hotel or renting for a week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi TM
The best tip I can give you at the moment is Hitra. That's got pretty much all of what you want but I can't say that you will always catch big cod there.
Most of the time the catch is mixed cod and coalfish that start to max out at around 17 or 18 kg. Sometimes its just cod and sometimes it's just coalfish.
If you fish between half and full moon there are a lot of big ling around. A buddy of mine had a fish of 35 kg the other week. My best to date is 28 kg.
There are halibut there but they are usually not landed as most people use light gear on the cod and coalfish. There are some very nice cabins available but not many hotels that cater for anglers. Even though Hitra has been an angling destination for twenty years or so the fishing is still being discovered.
A little further down the coast is KristiansUnd not Kristiansand which is Southern Norway.
They have similar fishing to Hitra but it's not as developed. I plan a pioneer tour in spring. The problem will probably be that there are few boats that cater for anglers needs. (big, sea worthy, fast, electronics).
If you want really big cod then go North but then there are few other species then.
Although there is greater chance of halibut and a lot of wolf fish, also the spotted wolf fish that grow quite big. There should be some interesting offers coming up on www.fishingsport.com very soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts