World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spent the afternoon from about 4pm on the beach at Aberavon.. cracking place to be so relaxing and soothing as I haven't been out for a while.... there was only one other angler that I could see and he was a friendly sort from Swansea who was using the big bait approach....the whiting that he landed was huge I think he had been eating most of the pies lol I think it weighed 1lb 12oz pretty chubby in my book...I started a bit slow with 210oz whiting over the first two hours and then as they say the tide turned....between 6.30pm and 8.15pm landed 5 bass all in the region of 2 and a half pound cracking fish especialy as I was using a 10ft freshwater spinning rod with a 2oz lead...I think they were all from the sandfeilds area as I had lovely fresh expensive worms and they didn't even give them a sniff.... all they were intrested in was a whole side fillet of bluey typical sandfeilds bass lol... had a great few hours and will probably return at sometime tomorrow as the saying goes fill your boots when you can because some thieving sod might nick them tomorrow lol.......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers guys I enjoyed that session so much... peace and quiet, no rain good fishing and no limit on how much time I had....there was no rushing involved... I got there when I wanted too and I did a bunk when I wanted too..awesome

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
as the saying goes fill your boots when you can because some thieving sod might nick them tomorrow lol.......
Funnily enough a guy who was fishing there the day before said exactly the same thing ............ and some people blame trawlers. lol lol :happydance::happydance::happydance:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Well done.would like to see what a "typical sandfields bass"looks like??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i did try to take pictures of the bass but I think the third sandfields bass pinched my camera lol.. next time guys

·
Registered
828 Posts
Was just wondering if there was any difference between a typical sandfields bass and a typical briton ferry bass?I live on the sandfields estate and your from the ferry.any difference? ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well a Briton ferry bass always takes the most expensive bait there is and fights like a wet paper bag where as a sandfields bass eats anything it finds,fights like mike Tyson on speed and attacks in numbers lol... the bigger bass that visit us i think are from townhill Swansea. they are hard as hell when cooked, have eyes like golfballs, have a rough looking appearance and are not frightened to attack on their own lol

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
Naaaana ........... naaaana ............... naaaana

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I think you'll find a Briton Ferry lass is full of crabs but a Sandfields lass is full of lice....Sorry I meant Bass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts