World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
good luck with Stinger quest, be good to see one again, not seen one since days of old in Essex ,saw some cracker's them days. Dont forget to tether your self to something, them big beastie's do's take off.!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Cheers for the kind words Al, can always rely on you to say something nice .
Thats the thanks i get from saving you from a coronary lol.
And what was i doing today ???
Riding my bike round low water to find you a spot and save your little trotters

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
good luck with Stinger quest, be good to see one again, not seen one since days of old in Essex ,saw some cracker's them days. Dont forget to tether your self to something, them big beastie's do's take off.!

Cheers for the good wishes and advice, Al. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think that on a fishing trip if your somewhere nice and at the right time of day the view you'll see makes up for if you don't catch
The fish can just be a bonus lol

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Cheers for the kind words Al, can always rely on you to say something nice .
Thats the thanks i get from saving you from a coronary lol.
And what was i doing today ???
Riding my bike round low water to find you a spot and save your little trotters

aaaaaaaawwwwww bless you Vince, you're the bestest sherpa I've ever had and I love you lots and lots. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Great pics and report, enjoyed that ;) Hopefully you will get that stinger next time

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Great pics and report, enjoyed that ;) Hopefully you will get that stinger next time
Thanks Carl, glad you enjoyed it.

Tom told me earlier, the water temperature in the Blackwater estuary this afternoon was 23c, well if Stingers like it warm, that ought to do it.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Lovely pictures, thanks for posting

Reactions: Sole intentions

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
aaaaaaaawwwwww bless you Vince, you're the bestest sherpa I've ever had and I love you lots and lots. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
Usurped by a younger model and better looking too.
I pass my crown to you Vince with a warning that it, like the expected load to carry, gets heavier on each session.
:D

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I pass my crown to you Vince with a warning that it, like the expected load to carry, gets heavier on each session.
Lol no chance jeff boi you can keep him hes a bloody jonah to me , even when he has his own way .
today i stroked his rods for good luck and both snagged :sneaky:
then he came over and did mine cursed me with an eel, still it saved my blank.
Ive only seen him catch a strap and one spotty since ive met him , bout 10 times now.
But then its all my fault lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
Lol no chance jeff boi you can keep him hes a bloody jonah to me , even when he has his own way .
Ive only seen him catch a strap and one spotty since ive met him , bout 10 times now.
I think you,re safe I think the Essex weed and crabs have put him off for life.....or until the stingers next year.Although I think he was rather taken with all the cherries we picked from a tree on the way back to the car!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Highlight of the day were the 4 peregrines i reckon

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I think you,re safe I think the Essex weed and crabs have put him off for life.....or until the stingers next year.Although I think he was rather taken with all the cherries we picked from a tree on the way back to the car!
I just hope for yours sakes, that you lot never need to ask me for a reference. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If you are still searching Alan there were 2 stingers hooked in the match at sizewell on Friday . One small one landed and a bigger one seen and lost in the edge .

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
If you are still searching Alan there were 2 stingers hooked in the match at sizewell on Friday . One small one landed and a bigger one seen and lost in the edge .
That is awesome information and it is very kind of you to take the time to let me know that, Pete, thank you. :thumbsup:

Truth of the matter is, Jimmy the Jinx beat you to it and let me know yesterday morning.

Consequently I re-tied my Stinger rigs, as designed by the legend that is @Ftp900, purchased a lump of ragworm and headed on down there to strike while the iron (& weather) was still hot.

Set off at 17.00 arrived 18.00 and the place was still heaving, so walked 20 minutes north. Here I found another angler who of course must know a thing or two about the area, but no, as it turns out that a smashing bloke by the name of Andy was hoping for his first Sole of the year, having travelled from King's Lynn to this new area for him also.... and you thought I was keen! Andy did indeed find 2 Sole but unfortunately they were both only just sizeable, still mission accomplished. :thumbsup:

As for me, I arrived home 12 hours after I left at 05.00 having mustered the grand total of 1 schooly, 1 Eel and a foul hooked slip. I had one bite that was a text book example of a Ray settling on the bait, but after about 90 seconds the gentle nodding upon the rod tip ceased, I left it 10 minutes before retrieving a half eaten ragworm bait. So, I'll never know the answer to that particular question?

Lovely bit of beach though. Tried asking the peeps in the BIG weird looking house at the back of the beach, if they offered accommodation, as their security measures appeared to be first class. Sadly though, the odd looking Suffolk yokel who came to the barbed wire fence just said 'bugger off'. :alien:

Grumpy gits!

IMG_20200801_194707.jpg

Some tackle shed, hey?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts