World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, not long been in so I'm gonna write a quick report before I hit the sack

Decided on a last minute bass session tonight, saw a bit of ground last year that I never got round to fishing so thought I'd give it a go as it has been well stirred up with these SW winds today.

Got down to the mark and started fishing at 10.45pm, first chuck cracked off not a good start, had no pulleys made up but had half decided to try a 4ft paternoster anyway as this patch was slightly cleaner than the ground I usually fish.

Cast out about 80yrds, 15 minutes later doggie, 2nd cast 10 miutes later doggie, thought I'll have one last cast as I'd promised the Mrs I wouldn't be too late back. Chucked out and then rang her to tell her I wouldn't be long.

Then had a bit of a slack liner and slight pulldown, another dog I thought started reeling in slack line and caught up with the fish, still thought it was a dog till I got it 40 yrds out then I started thinking could be a bass I've had them do this before. Sure enough as soon as it was in a few feet of water it went balistic. Pulled it in alongside me then beached it up on the ledges.

I reckon i could have had another hour of decent fishing, with chance of more bass but decided to get home.

Weighed it when I got in 4lb 8oz best one this year so far:victory:.

·
Registered
415 Posts
fantastic :)

Well done, that is what it is all about.

Do the leg work, get there at the right time(wish there was a rule book!)
And get a lovely fish!, well done for persevering!

Cheers

Mahoo

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Good stuff mate.....always nice when uncle Basil comes a calling!

·
Registered
488 Posts
BANG ON THE MONEY THERE JON AND GLAD YOU DIDNT GIVE THE SPOT AWAY AS THERE WOULD BE A STAMPEDE :clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BANG ON THE MONEY THERE JON AND GLAD YOU DIDNT GIVE THE SPOT AWAY AS THERE WOULD BE A STAMPEDE :clap3::clap3::clap3:
Hello mate, I doubt many would like the tackle loss down there, you gotta know how to fish it otherwise it's a nightmere, even worse if the weed runs through.

Spoke to Bn79 earlier and it could be worth another shot tonight if the wind stays as forecast:secret::clap3::secret:

Might be rubbish who knows lol

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
nice one bud .....always good when a plan comes together :clap3:
im off down brighton way tonoght to do my 1st bass session and get my 1st one of the year and its gonna be HUGE lol

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice one bud .....always good when a plan comes together :clap3:
im off down brighton way tonoght to do my 1st bass session and get my 1st one of the year and its gonna be HUGE lol
I think you'll be in with a good shout with the wind direction, hope you do we'll fella. Be even better if it goes more Southerly:notworthy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi captain, nice report. I've recently started fishing again after many, many years. I'm targeting bass this year. I tried samphire last sunday, but no bass. Would you mind sharing info on bait you were using and tide conditions please. I understand keeping the mark to yourself, but would appreciate any other advice. Thanks mate.

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
Nice one CBE :) :secret::secret::secret::secret: dont blame you at all, just spoke to some "chav" with a white baseball hat on with the peak so high he has to put his hand over his eyebrow's to keep the sun out :sun: he even has a nice '79 Burburry van, good luck later lads :kissing:

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi captain, nice report. I've recently started fishing again after many, many years. I'm targeting bass this year. I tried samphire last sunday, but no bass. Would you mind sharing info on bait you were using and tide conditions please. I understand keeping the mark to yourself, but would appreciate any other advice. Thanks mate.
low tide = rocks = peeler crab=bass ,all around thanet at low water you will get bass , 25lb line ,3/0 sukuma manta, most people use pully rigs, at night is best but dont go on your own. a little bit of info wich will help m8:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello mate, Crab is a good bait to use over the rock marks, bass like it rough so a strong onshore wind is a good bet. Low water can be more productive than high, and night time will usually show the better stamp of fish.

Look for holding features or places where the tide run looks different, a good surf running is a good sign that bass will be present. Fishing high water dropping baits in 20-30yrds is a good bet,(if that far) low water you may need to cast further depending how shallow the water is.Also look for gullies and places that food might gather, flint banks, rock ledges, down the wall on a pier. This is where the baitfish will be and thats what the bass might come in to feed on.

Now the mackeral are showing the bass will be chasing the shoals, big fish baits will work well.

I've tried to really think about what I'm doing, using the weather websites and planning where to fish, and remember if the weather changes think about changing venue.

Try different marks as well, just because the bass are there one day doesn't always mean they'll be there the next.

Good Luck:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

·
Registered
589 Posts
Nice one CBE :) :secret::secret::secret::secret: dont blame you at all, just spoke to some "chav" with a white baseball hat on with the peak so high he has to put his hand over his eyebrow's to keep the sun out :sun: he even has a nice '79 Burburry van, good luck later lads :kissing:
:roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1::clap3::clap3: wa##er

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I know who you mean wayne, a right shadey looking charecter, he keeps texting and phoning me all the time. I'm thinking about getting a restraining order out on him:busted_co:help::busted_co, bloody pest lol

See you tonight Bri:kissing:

·
Registered
488 Posts
YOU leave my mate Big Nose 79 alone Goose Pimp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OStX_wrWGg
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts