World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lands End to St Davids Head including the Bristol Channel.

24 hour forecast:
Wind: southwest 7 to severe gale 9, increasing storm 10 at times, veering west later.
Weather: rain at times.
Visibility: moderate or good, occasionally poor.
Sea State: very rough building high.
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: west 7 to severe gale 9, occasionally storm 10, backing southwest 5 to 7.
Weather: rain then showers.
Visibility: moderate or good, occasionally poor at first.
Sea State: high decaying very rough.
St Davids Head to Colwyn Bay, including St Georges Channel.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
7 to 9 increasing to storm 10! just the weather to get my 14 ft Boston Whaler out, run the engine up in a water barrel, check my trailer board lights, then push it back in the drive, & go in & read WSF forum!
Not a weekend for fishing, hopefully they will cancell the Cod Comp in Swansea Bay so I can win it at a later date! Unfortunately there will be so much fresh water in the estuary that even the flounders will drop back, so it could be a good weekend at Cefn Sidan or Llangenith on the beach.
blueskip

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Looking good then...from the shipping also:

AT 1130 ON FRIDAY 07 JANUARY 2005

THERE ARE WARNINGS OF GALES IN ALL AREAS EXCEPT TRAFALGAR

SOLE LUNDY FASTNET IRISH SEA SHANNON SOUTHWEST GALE 8 TO STORM 10, BUT 5 OR 6 IN NORTH SHANNON AT FIRST, VEERING WEST 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

Make sure all your boats and sheds are tied down ;)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi Skip,
Finally got the old Landrover back on the road so I might try Cefn Sidan this weekend. Any advise on species or bait would be much appreciated

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
In fact I wrote a thread earlier on today about white ragworm which I dig on Cefn Sidan, they are only about 4" or so down, & from just below the high water mark of small tides down (but they dont go down to low water) they stop at about 3/4 high tide mark, once you have found them once, you wont forget.
You can usually find them where there lots of little holes in the sand, very similar to the mudworm holes in the estuary mud, they are absolute killers of flatties!
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
thanks very much I saw your post earlier but didn't realise you were talking about cefn-I'll give it a try either tonight or tomorrow afternoon regards john

·
Registered
208 Posts
wind is dropping southerly 11 mph for sunday, with showers, sea sate will still be poor for a good few hours thou, maybe they will call the swansea comp off! but if it does fall to 11 mph as the bbc say then i suppose they will fish it, met office to update inshore forcast at 17.00(same forcast used by swansea yacht club). For anyone looking to lock out from swansea marina low tide at 11ish lock master will deside of lock closers on day( but normaly only closed for an hour or two) so don't sleep late!!!
Doggy

·
Registered
208 Posts
looking at the met office forcast if think its fair to say the comp is off, well i won't go out in a force 10 myself, if anyone goes out and gets a cod well done you win in my eyes. fishing is fcuked this weekend i think, unless your fishing braid on the shore tomorrow, if you are best of luck and watch out for those freak waves! i just watched some 6m+ waves hiting aberavon, so take care. myself i'm off to the land of the scot's for some cod fun, i hope!!! take care and be safe! doggy

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i wouldnt av liked 2 av been fishin in that weather last nite. thought my roof was comin off. friday nite sat morn..rough rough..

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lands End to St Davids Head including the Bristol Channel.

24 hour forecast:
Wind: southwest backing south 5 to 7, veering southwest 7 or gale 8 later.
Weather: showers dying out, rain later.
Visibility: good becoming moderate.
Sea State: rough or very rough.
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: southwest 7 to severe gale 9 decreasing 5 or 6.
Weather: rain clearing to showers.
Visibility: moderate or good.
Sea State: rough or very rough.
St Davids Head to Colwyn Bay, including St

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
tried Cefn Sidan-couldn't fish, hell I could only just open the door of the old landie then went back to Burry Port(the lads I was with were determined to get a hook wet) Well I don't mind getting wet but this was ridiculous stuck it out for half hour or so and then went and sat in the van and watched those two idiots, back to Cefn this afternoon the weather was better but the fishing wasn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts